Artslet4
Level 2: Rookie

VoLTE who can activate it for me

Answered

My Samsung mobile works on OPTUS with VoLTE lite Wi-Fi calling, but despite promises from Telstra sales people my new sim and plan  (which they claim is suitable for Wi-Fi calling over VoLTE } after they ported my number does not work in VoLTE mode....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Artslet4
Accepted Solution

Re: VoLTE who can activate it for me

Well success at last!!!  I read a post from a Sydney member regarding a similar problem, so printed it and showed it to the same Telstra sales woman on Sunday... and to her credit she persevered!!!

She fitted my sim to her phone which was definitely working on WI_FI calling and WI-FI calling did not work. She told me she had ticked the box on the internal Telstra sim setup software for VoLTE on Saturday and so now un-ticked the box and re-ticked the box on their internal software ..and PRESTO ! it worked.  There seems to be an internal TELSTRA timing issue where this command is ignored if the sim is not already on line in the system or otherwise a software glitch that needs 2 tries!!  There is also a distinct lack of staff training, and its a pity that customers have to train their staff to get things working!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Artslet4
Accepted Solution

Re: VoLTE who can activate it for me

Well success at last!!!  I read a post from a Sydney member regarding a similar problem, so printed it and showed it to the same Telstra sales woman on Sunday... and to her credit she persevered!!!

She fitted my sim to her phone which was definitely working on WI_FI calling and WI-FI calling did not work. She told me she had ticked the box on the internal Telstra sim setup software for VoLTE on Saturday and so now un-ticked the box and re-ticked the box on their internal software ..and PRESTO ! it worked.  There seems to be an internal TELSTRA timing issue where this command is ignored if the sim is not already on line in the system or otherwise a software glitch that needs 2 tries!!  There is also a distinct lack of staff training, and its a pity that customers have to train their staff to get things working!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit