Newie69
Level 1: Cadet

WHERE'S THE FIRMWARE UPDATES????

This is absolutely ridiculous. Optus and little old Vodafone have January security patch for Samsung s20 line and the largest company is still on December while the rest of the world has February patch. Even my cheap Samsung work phone that uses optus gets monthly updates. Telstra has no firmware updates page. The link we are given takes us to either a very old page or to a sales page. Just ridiculous for what we pay telstra for. Lift your game telstra and be the company you claim to be and stop ignoring your loyal customers. Eagerly waiting a reply. Won't hold my breath tho. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: WHERE'S THE FIRMWARE UPDATES????

The January update for the Note 10+5G came out last week (came through on my phone today), so it shouldn't be far away.

Telstra doesn't produce the firmware, Samsung does. All Telstra does is test it for network compatibility prior to release.

And I like your comparison of company sizes. It's only valid in the Australian market (and your phone is definitely not made here). You do realise that both Optus (Singtel) and Vodafone are magnitudes larger than Telstra? Singtel has over 640 million subscribers and Vodafone has around 420 million.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TY17
Level 4: Private Eye

I gave up buying mobiles fromTelstra now buy direct from samsung 

My s20 plus with telstra sim in phone on a sim only plan i all ways get the monthly firmware updates before telstra,optus and vodaphone on the odd time they get it at the same time 

Newie69
Level 1: Cadet

That's what I've done thus time. I'm waiting for the s21 ultra from Samsung. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit