Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Gratitude from Telstra ??????

Recently I recieved my iPhone 7 plus after waiting for 3 months. I activated a week later and all was good. Last week I recieved a package that I had to sign for and prove ID. Because I was not at home a card was left and the following day I had to go and collect the parcel from the local Aus post dispatch centre. I did so the following morning on my way to work. It wasn't until that evening when I got home from work and open the package that I realised Telstra had sent me a second iPhone 7 plus. I did not open the phone packaging and I rang Telstra to report the mistake. They had no record of the second phone and there was no second phone linked to my account, but after being on the phone for 40 min they decided I need to send it back. I was then sent an email with an address to send it too and requested to wrap it in bubble wrap and take to post office to return it. No thank you, no thanks for honesty and now they want me to pay to have it bubble wrapped and take time off work so I can take the iPhone to a post office during buisness hours. What a joke...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Gratitude from Telstra ??????

You shouldn't have to wrap it, if you take it to AusPost give them the Reply Paid address and they should take care of packing and sending back. They do it all the time with Telstra and Foxtel returns so should be able to take care of it all. 

Also sadly just because the person you speak to can't find a second device doesn't mean it would be realised and followed up on. I do get what you are saying and agree but yeah.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Well they will have to wait a bit - I work a 6 day week so don't get a chance to go to a post office during my working week. Would be a lot easier to drop at Telstra shop because they are open Sundays.
Highlighted

I'd love to know how this story ended! Did you try taking the parcel to a Telstra shop? Great idea! I know there's a tall wall between shopfront retail sales and provisioning, but you'd think Telstra could overcome that one, wouldn't you?

Highlighted

I have heard of store managers agreeing to send it themselves by taking it with any post they have to send on the Monday or whatever. But that would be at the discretion of each store and its licencees ideas of service.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit