CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

SKYPE number unreachable from Telstra phones only

I have a skype number for my Business and as of yesterday only telstra phones can't ring in on it.  the phone number and system has been working for few years without issue.

Vodaphone is fine?  we opened a new skype number to test the issue and same problem, but only telstra phones

So far any land line or mobile telstra cannot connect to our skype numbers, it just gets a busy signal?

The only thing that has changed at all, is that Telstra diverted a 1800 number to this skype number??? but that is a Divert to the number can't think of why it would be affected.

HELP I have been on with skype all day.  

Can anyone test it or let me know if they are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: SKYPE number unreachable from Telstra phones only

HI LSA,

I have sent you a private message, so please reply if you still experience difficulties with your Skype number.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi
We are having the same problem.
Could you please send us the solution?
Thanks
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Sheldon, 

Give 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I have the same issue - since 4 or 4th Dec I canot call our skype number with a telstra mobile, but TPG works? Can some one help please

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey jocke,

Recommend giving Shelly_Telstra a private message so that she can get your details and assist further with this issue as well. 

Highlighted

Did you get a solution - I have not yet heard from Shelly. I had a long chat with Skype today and they confirm that there are issues with some carriers blocking Skype numbers including Telstra

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Telstra do not block calls to Skype, however there does appear to be an issue.

I have found the appropriate area to raise this issue, and I will provide an update once a resolution has been reached.

Highlighted

Thanks Shelly - we will await a resolution

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All,

The results of our investigation indicates that the issue lies within the network which hosts the Skype numbers. We have reached out to this service provider to advise so that this can be resolved.

Hopefully this will be back up and running shortly for everyone.

Highlighted

Funny Skype blames Telstra and the phones work then are engaged again...But vodaphone can get through everytime.

how is it that Skype only stuffed up Telstra.. Land lines and mobiles?

when i asked Shelly on PM who was handling the issue at Telstra she was't able to tell me except to call faults on a general number?.  

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I'm not sure of the why of it, however as I said, we are working with them to get this resolved.

Highlighted

hopefully it will come back to 100% reliability....sometimes it works and sometimes not....after trying to call a few more times...

Highlighted

I am having a similar problem. Although now I can actually connect to the skype to go Access Number 07 3040 0137 but I get an error message that says my number is recongized and to enter it and a PIN, which I don't know.  Service worked fine for a couple of years, since April at this number until about ten days ago.  Been trying to resolve it with skype for 10 days, they now say it seems to be a Telsra problem with your network that hosts skypoe to go access numbers.

I see several other people have been having the same problem for about the last 2 weeks.  Can you help me?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All

As advised previously in this thread, the issue was outside the Telstra BigPond network. We have worked with the provider who hosts the Skype numbers and this issue has been resolved.

jcsterling827,

I would recommend contacting Skype regarding the PIN as this is regarding a Skype product.

Highlighted

Hi All and anyone that can help. New phone with telstra, same number , just the handset and I cant use skype. Ironically i bought the new phone to have better calls to my father overseas. Why xant i make skype callsTelstra?
Highlighted

I too am having this problem.

My clients can't connect to my skype number and only seems to be if they are a telstra customer.

Havent had any problems until about 1 month ago.

This is causing me lose of business

whenI call from my telstra mobile it says the number is invalid however if my college calls from their optus mobile they get straight through.

Huston we have a problem

Can somebody please help me out and send me the solution.

Highlighted

I do have the same issue. every other Provider can connect to my skype landline number except Telstra. Above mentioned that you are working on the issue( 2013 ) but it seems that you couldn't fix it by 2018?!

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

You will need to get in contact with Microsoft (who run Skype) to get them to investigate the issue. They will then contact their contact within Telstra if there is a problem on the Telstra side.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Skype Number not working from Telstra numbers

I have recently purchased a a skype number however it works from all providers except Telstra mobile and landlines.

Optus customers get through to me no problems, TPG the same.

I have spoke with Skype and they tell me to contact Telstra.

Does anyone have any advice to fix this issue?

The message they are receiving is "Number invalid or incomplete"

Any help would be great!!

Thank you!!

Highlighted

Hi There Shel,
I am experiencing this same issue with my Skype number. Are you able to assist?
Highlighted

No. You need to contact Skype through their technical support channel to find out what the issue is. They will then contact Telstra if there is an issue on the Telstra side of the call. Telstra cannot do an investigation as the investigation needs to start from the originating call side (in this case, Skype).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Clinno,

I've replied to your private message, but the short, Jupiter is correct. Skype Technical Support (Microsoft) should be engaging their carrier to investigate and report this to Telstra, if the issue is at our end. All carriers should have an inter-carrier team for reporting this kind of issue. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit