Resmyth
Level 1: Cadet

Binge deal changed mid-deal

I received an email from binge saying my free months of subscription had ended. I used the offer 3 months ago and it was good for 9 months(I think this is silver tier). I literally have the confirmation email. Binge told me it was a telstra issue so to contact them. TEN hours later I have been told it was only a three month offer, which I know is incorrect. No clue where to go from here but really disgusted that it took ten hours to get lied to by the "support". Has this happened to anyone else? If so what did you do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Binge deal changed mid-deal

The problem is on the Binge end. The code is applied in the Streamotion (the company that runs Binge) system and is stored in their system.

The welcome email from Streamotion will state how long your complimentary subscription was registered for in their system.  There isn't anything that Telstra can do to get it reinstated as it is a Streamotion error and you will have to deal with them. If they won't fix the problem, you have the option of lodging a complaint with the ACCC.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit