tamzynb
Level 2: Rookie

Binge email - Your Binge payment has been declined

the email goes on to say

We’ve hit a snag with your payment There’s been a problem processing your Binge subscription payment via Pay with Telstra. When this happens, it means that payment method is no longer available to you for this subscription.

Has anyone else got this email? I have through Telstra Silver Partner 9 month free access which shouldn't expire till April.

any light would be great. am loving binge.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Ange9474

Re: Binge email - Your Binge payment has been declined

I just got this same email, binge people are telling me I need to update my payment details or be cut off, I pay via BPay each month and I am 3 months into a 12 month free trial ...... they are telling me it’s a Telstra billing problem 🤬

tamzynb

Same. how do we contact Telstra billing. I can't work out who to explain this to which is why I put it here....

waaaaaaa such a pain!!!

NebuchadnezzarA
Level 1: Cadet

Aha - there you go; I've had the same email too over night.

And BINGE was very quick to reply just then advising as since mine was through Telstra I should try contacting them for they have no control to manual cancel subscriptions.

Funsies.

tamzynb

@Ange9474 @NebuchadnezzarA 

just been message chatting through billing and got response

================================================
Kristine Berlie
 - 13:45
I can confirm that the service will remain active.
================================================

I feel there is a error with their services...
lets see if my Binge still works over my LONG weekend!!!! fingers cross. I have ALOT of BINGE to do!
Ange9474

I got the same response through Telstra messaging but unfortunately my binge has been cancelled today.  Telstra keep telling me there is no issue don’t worry and binge have said it’s Telstra that have done this .... I’m really unimpressed 

Rohan123
Level 20: Director

Hi @tamzynb @Ange9474 @NebuchadnezzarA 

This has been a problem in the past.

It's fixed quite quickly by contacting Binge

https://help.binge.com.au/s/contactsupport

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Ange9474

Thank you ..... I have been in contact with them, however they .... binge/kayo/streamcon keep telling me it’s Telstra have they have no access to the the third party billing 

Rohan123

Hi again @Ange9474 

This happened to me mid last year, all I did was contact support like I advised you and it was fixed.

It seams like the same problem as the link below.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/telstra-plus/binge-issue/td-p/886231

I would contact Binge support again if Telstra have said it is a Binge problem.

It seams a little extream but you could lodge a complaint with Telstra here.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Rohan

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
tamzynb

@Rohan123  contacted binge 3 times and tried to explain the issue and they said its paid by 3rd party testra and they couldnt do anything. 

@NebuchadnezzarA yep and now mine gone too. And so now not renewing and pissed wit Telstra too. 😞

Rohan123

Hi again @tamzynb  @Ange9474 

Well that sucks, Have you tried login into Telstra my account.

https://myid.telstra.com/identity/as/authorization.oauth2?client_id=mytelstra&redirect_uri=https%3A%...

Have no idea why that url is soo long.

Then see if binge is still an active subscription on your account?

I found some old binge codes for you to try but they expired on the 18th of jan.

Rohan
Gisman

This whole Binge free subscription is a CF. I got the same message from Binge.. Contacted them and they came straight back and said there is nothing wrong at their end - it was with Telstra.

So started a "conversation" with Telstra which was just appalling - just clueless & no-one could give an answer after it went through 3 people between 9am and 6pm before I got a (dodgy) response and of course no Binge.

Ange9474

So have just gotten off the phone to Telstra after a week of messaging back and forth.they said

There was a glitch in there system that cancelled my subscription and now binge won’t let them reinstate, the best they can offer me is a credit of $135 and I will need to sign up again with that credit,  However I also just got my new bill today and they have taken the $135 off my bill .... that was all done before they even asked .... **bleep**ing done .... I’ll just go to Amazon prime now 

Jrs5

Same issue which conveniently occurred on the day my paid subscription to the other streamotion service (Kayo) ended. 6 months still to run on binge. Telstra their useless ineffective and incompetent selves at problem resolution, as per usual. Binge - owned partly by Telstra - don’t seem to care they are losing subscribers and have no interest in resuming service. Would have paid at the end of the trial but can easily live without them. Say bye bye to my money. 

Ange9474

Yep same with me ..... I did push them though, I ended up getting a $135 credit so I can sign up for the rest of my 9 months, but to be honest I’m really turned off .... we would have kept the subscription going after the free period but now looking at Amazon prime instead 

Jrs5

Telstra sends me an email about how they’ve “noticed” my binge subscription was incorrectly terminated. After weeks of trying to deal with their inept service centres that don’t even know you can acquire binge via Telstra and that Telstra offers deals. But they’ve “noticed” and have remade the original offer of 12 months. Something of a victory I guess. Now if I can get them to just fix the billing for my accounts...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit