Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Can't login to BINGE. BINGE subscription has been cancelled when I didn't cancel it?

Answered

I was subscribed for the BINGE offer for about 2 weeks but now it says the subscription is cancelled when I didn't cancel it. Only discovered it when I logged into my Telstra account because I couldn't log into BINGE. It doesn't look like you can do anything to change the status of the account or re-subscribe on the Telstra page. Hugely frustrating.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't login to BINGE. BINGE subscription has been cancelled when I didn't cancel it?

I reached out to Streamotion and this is the response they gave!!! Can't believe it!!!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Taking a look at your Binge account we can see that it has been cancelled.

Binge is a monthly renewal subscription service so even when you sign up through a deal it still needs to renew each month whether there will be a charge or not.

By cancelling your Binge account you have signaled to our system that you will only be taking up 1 month of your 9 month offer and you cancelled the auto-renewal of your account.

Cheers,
George
Your Support Crew

Hi George,

I was completely unaware of this - when I went to cancel Binge it said I would have access until 1/4/2021 then stop working after that, the reason for the cancellation was so I didn't get billed after that date - I still wanted my 9months.

Can my subscription please be reinstated?

They told me to get in touch with Telstra

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't login to BINGE. BINGE subscription has been cancelled when I didn't cancel it?

That's a different situation and there isn't much that can be done about it from the Telstra side as you have confirmed that you cancelled the subscription.

I would be lodging a formal complaint with Binge about the wording that their cancellation dialog uses. It would seem to be bordering on deceptive conduct, assuming it said in the cancellation dialog that access would continue until April 2021. You might want to contact the ACCC about that one as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

That's been a problem for a few people.

You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom tight of Get Help screen) and if Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to the queue to chat to a human. It will require both Telstra and Binge to work together to get it fixed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

What a terrible experience. After going to and fro with CODI I got the transfer to a consultant message who then did the same to and fro routine and then managed to lock me out of my Telstra account and email completely by resetting my password. Luckily I was only able to get into change my password because I had a non-Telstra email address also attached to my account to receive the reset email.

And after all that my BINGE is still in a cancelled state.   

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I reached out to Streamotion and this is the response they gave!!! Can't believe it!!!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Taking a look at your Binge account we can see that it has been cancelled.

Binge is a monthly renewal subscription service so even when you sign up through a deal it still needs to renew each month whether there will be a charge or not.

By cancelling your Binge account you have signaled to our system that you will only be taking up 1 month of your 9 month offer and you cancelled the auto-renewal of your account.

Cheers,
George
Your Support Crew

Hi George,

I was completely unaware of this - when I went to cancel Binge it said I would have access until 1/4/2021 then stop working after that, the reason for the cancellation was so I didn't get billed after that date - I still wanted my 9months.

Can my subscription please be reinstated?

They told me to get in touch with Telstra

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

That's a different situation and there isn't much that can be done about it from the Telstra side as you have confirmed that you cancelled the subscription.

I would be lodging a formal complaint with Binge about the wording that their cancellation dialog uses. It would seem to be bordering on deceptive conduct, assuming it said in the cancellation dialog that access would continue until April 2021. You might want to contact the ACCC about that one as well.

Highlighted

Hi @Jupiter & @AYarde 

My problem is that I didn't even cancel the subscription but it says its was cancelled. When I try and sign up for it again under My Offers it just takes me to the MANAGE function which doesn't give me any options and just shows it cancelled. 

@AYarde Do you have the info on how you contacted George?

Highlighted

You can contact Binge support via https://help.binge.com.au/s/

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit