Boba50
Level 1: Cadet

Kayo Activation

I am having a problem with kayo it frequently wants me to re activate, where as Netflix never has. I stream thru telstra TV 4701TL. Can anyone advise why kayo demand this where others work fine from first log in?

thanks for your help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Kayo Activation

That behaviour usually happens after an app update (I have the same issue with Binge and Foxtel Now). It would seem to be lazy programming on Foxtel/Streamotion's behalf.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Boba50 

It does happen more frequently when Kayo, etc, detected multiple accesses, especially from different IP address ranges. They are trying to prevent account sharing.

I think at times the coding for that is a little sporadic.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Boba50
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks both for some information 7 thoughts.

Ozmoz  so i take it that when i sometimes use my phone to watch kayo & then revert back to the Telstra TV box they see both systems differently & think it is shared with some one else? Hence they believe that i have shared my log on information with someone & so i have to re activate the system.

Ozmoz

Hi @Boba50 

They haven't public released the formula's they work on. But IP sharing is a known tracker, as is devices (MAC addresses) used.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit