Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra/Netflix billing suddenly stopped

I tried to watch Netflix tonight, Netflix said I needed to remake my account, however my Telstra plan includes Netflix billed on the account.

why has it suddenly stopped, my bills are up to date and having Netflix on my Telstra account is very convenient.

i don’t understand why after a year it suddenly says it’s not linked together anymore.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
50 REPLIES 50
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra/Netflix billing suddenly stopped

I’m also experiencing this issue

spoke online to Telstra they said to call netflix

called netflix and they said that apparently service issues with Telstra customers and involuntary cancellations and they will investigate. Like you I’ve paid this months in advance but not showing up in Netflix account 

Highlighted

Same.

i bet we don’t any credit for a service that isn’t working.

Highlighted

What would be really great is, if someone in their official capacity responded to this to confirm if this is an ongoing problem, cause Netflix didn’t need to know or the Telstra person I waited over an hour to talk to on the phone.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Staff do review these posts, however, would only be able to provide information if there was a wider issue which they had been notified of. In these cases, usually these sorts of issues would also be listed on the outage page as well in many cases.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey All,

This has been reported to the relevant team to investigate from our end. That's all the information we can provide at the moment.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

So all of those accounts found to be affected will have the cost of their Netflix credited back to their account?.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Tatter007,

That's not a question I can answer because where the fault has occurred, at Netflix's end or ours, will impact how this is addressed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

So it will still be added to my bill, even though I’m not using it.... it shouldn’t matter who’s fault it is, I’m not receiving the service and billing should be stopped and then when the problem is resolved send us all a link to re sign for Telstra billing of Netflix.

Highlighted

Well it’s a week in now and no correspondence from Telstra or Netflix confirming the fault in the first place other than calling and chasing. Would be nice to get some sort of correspondence that the issue is being addressed and an expected resolution
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello, we’re working to resolve an issue affecting Netflix billing linked to Telstra accounts. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I have just been advised, by the Telstra overseas call centre that the billing agreement between Telstra and Netflix has been terminated and that I should arrange another method of payment. Really?

Highlighted

crikey... seems no one at telstra actually knows whats going on, but when my bill comes tomorrow be interesting to see if i get charged for Netflix...

this is just not good enough, no one is being informed and going by this thread, it seems to be affecting a lot of people.

Highlighted

You are not going to publicly announce that there is a problem with Netflix and Telstra billing? Are your customers to be left without any information at all?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello, we’re working to resolve an issue affecting Netflix billing linked to Telstra accounts. I apologise for the inconvenience. - Matthew.

Highlighted

netflix still not available. An update on when fault will be rectified would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @RLB46

We have been notified that the issue has been resolved, have you had the error this morning? 

Highlighted

You have been misinformed. At Sydney time 1:15pm still unable to access Netflix. It says sign in - when you try it says unable to carry out try later. It is not fixed.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for confirming @RLB46

Can you please complete this form https://tel.st/mxbuk and reply with the SR reference provide upon submission. We can then escalate further. 

If you are wanting to watch Netflix before the investigation and resolution, please try using an alternate payment method.

2.46pm Melbourne time, the issue is not resolved I am not able to access Netflix and the prompt says I have no current membership and to sign up again.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Tatter007

Can you please complete this form https://tel.st/zet9e and reply with the SR reference provide upon submission. We can then escalate further. 

If you are wanting to watch Netflix before the investigation and resolution, please try using an alternate payment method.

Highlighted

I replied to that link and my SR number is..

1-2114548869100

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks @Tatter007, I have passed this on for further investigation. 

Don't hesitate to keep us updated. 

Highlighted

telstra called me and put me through to netflix who told me all i have to do is talk to someone at telstra to re-instate netflix billing on my account and my account will be reinstated... so can someone here from telstra help with that.. i am not available to be reached on the phone for the rest of the week as i do 12 hr shifts and am not allowed to have my phone with me, so if anyone else calls to speak to me i wont be contactable.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tatter, 

Sorry for any frustration caused but it sounds like your account has been removed. You will need to set up a Netflix account here:

https://tel.st/69awn

This will then add the service back to your bill. Let us know if you have any trouble though and we can pass this onto your case manager again. 

Or our chat team here: https://tel.st/4akd2 can also check on this for you. 

Highlighted

the page wont load, i log in and it just "spins" saying confirming details.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No worries. Is this on a computer or via the app? 

Highlighted

on my mac, it works on the app.. if i redeem it i wont get charged twice will i, and if i do is there a easy way to take off one of the payments?..

i havent clicked to redeem the offer yet as i was concerned about being charged twice. 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I don't feel this will charge twice because when you are trying to log in it's showing you have no current membership and to sign up again. But please let us know if you are charged twice and we can correct the charges for you. 

Highlighted

ok ill give it a shot.

Highlighted

Ive been having serious problems for over a month re Telstra/Netflix billing. I’ve contacted both companies numerous times spending over 10hrs trying to sort this out and still it’s happened again. 

Netflix keep telling me the payment from Telstra is “pending” so my account is inactive.

So last month I signed up again to netflix with billing through Telstra and it’s happened AGAIN. 3 weeks later.

Telstra is not paying Netflix but Netflix is still active and paid for in my Telstra bills. It is beyond frustrating as both companies play dumb and can’t help. Except to say - rejoin Netflix. What is going on?

Highlighted

I am also having the same issues. Have called Netflix who tell me it is a Telstra issue. I have a paid subscription as per my Telstra account but not according to Netflix.
Is there any update on this issue?

Highlighted

Hi Ian, we have recently had the same issue on my fathers account. This is just the tip of the iceberg on a bigger issue that he has been unable to resolve for months. I have submitted that form Telstra and the SR code is 1-2139101297625

Would you please escalate this aswell? 

Highlighted

Hi Dani , we have recently had the same issue on my fathers account. This is just the tip of the iceberg on a bigger issue that he has been unable to resolve for months. I have submitted that form Telstra and the SR code is 1-2139101297625

Would you please escalate this aswell? 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Lc37, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear your father is experiencing this issue too, I have contacted complaints to request a case manager be assigned to contact him as a priority. Let us know when he hears back.

-  Ryan

Highlighted

Thanks Ryan. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, if you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us here any time. Also, for a range of self help tools visit our 24x7 app here: https://tel.st/p946h.

- Ryan

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

In June we had the same problem. After a painful 4 hours on live chat with Telstra it was finally fixed.

Now in July have the same problem again this month and another 4 hours on live chat with Telstra. All Telstra wants to do is fob you off on to Netflix. You sign up for Netflix on TELSTRA TV and choose TELSTRA as the billing option. TELSTRA bill you for it but aren't sending the money to netflix. If TELSTRA has my payment it is their responsibility to send it to netflix and their responsibility to sort out the problem not mine. 

So be prepared everyone for the same thing to happen again!!

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @peter9872

The previous issue we had with Netflix being charged to Telstra bills has been resolved. Are you stating that you have a recurrence of the issue? 

Highlighted

Yes Dani, it's exactly the same.

Highlighted

Netflix told me that Telstra assured them that the problem was fixed but obviously it isn't! 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply @peter9872

Please complete  https://tel.st/nyz5h and reply with the SR reference provided upon submission. We can then escalate this to be investigated further. 

Look forward to your reply.

Highlighted

Already did that last night and said to wait for the promised phone call within 24-48hrs. After being on the chat for over 4 hours last night. I shouldn't have to wait up to two more days for someone to ring me (if they ring at all). This problem was supposed be fixed. Will we be going through this drama again next month as well????

Highlighted

Telstra supervisor finally admitted it was a problem on their end and they were trying to figure out how to fix it. ( 4 hours on live one day and 5 hours on the phone the next day and them disconnecting me 3 times in that 5 hours!!!!). They told me to use a different payment method until they could sort out the problem. Told them I didn't have and didn't want a credit card, so they told me they would refund my subscription and for me to go into Netflix myself and pay it in cash. I asked where was a netflix office and they said Sydney - that's a help as I live a 14 hour drive away from Sydney. When I told them that they said "Oh that's not good" and put me on hold. When the person finally came back they said "Here's our resolution, we'll refund your subscription and you will go into Netflix office and pay in cash"  Are you actually serious???????? When my next Telstra bill comes, I'm fully expecting to have to call yet again because the promised Netflix subscription refund won't be credited and no doubt they will probably have another Netflix charge on!!!!!!

Telstra is full of untrained dimwits with zero customer service skills!

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for your update peter9872. I apologise this took so many calls and was not resolved on first contact as it should have been. Please let us know how this goes when you receive your next bill, and if you have any further questions.

- Ryan

Highlighted

Well just looked at my next bill on My Account and surprise surprise no Netflix refund!!!! I'm really looking forward to another 5 hours on the phone. 

Highlighted

Having same issue as well.

SR 1-2204804793980.

please have someone look into this. Very inconvenient.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @MEL12345

Can I ask when you last spoke with the case manager about this and what was advised?

Also were you provided a contact number and pin if needed?

Please let me know so I can best assist further.

- Stef

Highlighted

@Stef_3  no one contacted me , should i expect a call?

Rang Netflix again just to me sure it’s not in their end causing the problem.

I was adiviced the only way to get  subscription service is to use a credit card which I am. Not prepared to do. I have paid to Telstra and my account is actually in credit.

now they dilemma is that I have family uses Netflix all the time.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us,

I have sent a request to the complaints team @MEL12345 to have this assigned and contact made as soon as possible.

Looking at the complaint reference you provided I can see this was only submitted yesterday online.

In instances where a complaint is lodged contact is normally made within 3 business days.

If you have not received a call by close of business Monday 30th September 2019 please let us know.

- Stef

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit