eightace
Level 1: Cadet

TV3 boxes need wi-fi connection test each day

We have two TV3 boxes which have worked fine, but lately they both say 'no network connection' when started up. and we are obliged to go thru the steps Settings/Network/Check connection. The test always comes up two green ticks and then everything's good?

Our wi-fi is working fine on pcs, tablets etc. while this is going on, any ideas on why the boxes think they aren't connected?

cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: TV3 boxes need wi-fi connection test each day

The power levels of the wifi may be low until the TTV tries to connect (at which point the modem & TTV may boost their radio power). This may just take a little longer than the firmware allows for the check, so it fails initially.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

I don't have that problem, my TTV's are connected by ethernet cable though..

But I wonder if you have Auto Power Saving enabled? or the 'Still Watching' option?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
eightace

Thanks for you response Jupiter, it looks like that kind of issue, I have a Telstra smart modem 2 and I'm in a small w/board house, and it seemed fine up to now.

I did get the odd 'no network connection' before, but because everything else was working I would just press the  'proceed anyway' option and it would connect. That option doesn't work in this case and I have to run the check, which is always ok.

I can live with a few extra clicks, just curious if it was a common thing.

cheers

eightace

Hi Stevo, I checked those settings and yes, 'Still Watching' is on, and power says turn off after 4hrs.

What do you think might be happening?

thanks.

SteveW_52

If you have Still Watching turned on..  after 4 hours it prompts to continue and if no response turns off streaming (I think this turns off the wi-Fi)..  so try turning that off..

For power save the same sort of thing happens, but the whole box goes into standby..  so again try turning that off so the box stays powered on all the time..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit