Peber
Level 1: Cadet

Deregister devices Foxtel on tbox

When I try to log in to Foxtel app it says that it can’t as there is already 5 devices signed in. There is no other devices signed in as this account. How do I fix this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
datalore777
Level 20: Director

Re: Deregister devices Foxtel on tbox

Which Foxtel app and on what device(s)?

Cheers!

Joe_B4
Level 5: Eagle Eye

This happened to me too even though the devices I was using had already been registered. Some how at Foxtels end it conveniently didn't recognise my IOS devices anymore and I had zero ability to log in to de-register any to get it work. Contacted T-Box support only to be told it's Foxtel end only to contact Foxtel who were unprepared to help as I'm not a direct foxtel customer. So yes Telstra you need to fix this on your customers behalf because your are the only ones who can and should make it happen.
JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Peber,

Please contact our tech team on 1300 136 841 and our tech team will look into this further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Redphantom
Level 2: Rookie

Peber did you get it sorted out as I’m having the same issue.
I have Foxtel on t-box
Foxtel app says 5 devices already registered but under setting there is no option to manage devices.
As with you Telstra says it’s foxtel issue and Foxtel says it’s Telstra issue.
Redphantom

Someone please help
Redphantom

I have tried the 1300136841 number but they insist it’s a Foxtel problem but because it’s foxtel on t-box foxtel have no account info and can’t help
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Redphantom, 

Have you had the chance to speak directly to our T-Box Faults team on 1300136841?
It might be that your Foxtel on T-Box credentials need to be reset. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Redphantom

Thank you Ivan, I have spoken to the T-box support team and they say they are very limited in what they can do. In fact he googled the problem and suggested I come here or talk to Foxtel. And of course as it foxtel on T-Box , Foxtel don’t have any account info under my name.
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Have you tried to cancel the subscription and then resubscribe? That may reset the Foxtel on T-Box credentials. 

You can log into your T-Box account here: https://signon.bigpond.com/login?site=cla&goto=https%253A%252F%252Ftbox.bigpond.com%253A443%252Fstbs...

Redphantom

Ivan I would do that if I knew I would get back the existing channels with the discount I receive. My concern is the existing discount would no be applied to my foxtel on t-box account
Redphantom

And the same goes for de registering the t-box itself.
Redphantom

And if I did have issues and needed to call Telstra ....the way the phone support system is set up now I have no idea what department to even call. They would prolly tell me it’s no longer supported and can’t subscribe
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

This is something that would need to be case managed as it's quite complex. 

I would recommend lodging a formal complaint online here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint and a Complaint Case Manager will be able to follow through with a resolution for you. 

Redphantom

Ivan I Have discovered a work around that may help others as well.....
On Pc I have gone to foxtel.com.au from there scroll all the way to bottom of page....under Apps is Foxtel app.... installed it on pc.... logged into Foxtel App on pc... from there the settings ( gear wheel icon) revealed ‘manage my Devices’ I was able to derigister. I am yet to try again on iPad .
One other issue though.... the foxtel app says you can have up to 5 devices but in reality it only lets you have 3 ( including t-box)
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Cheers for the update. 

Foxtel App will allow for up to 5 registered devices for a full Foxtel service (Foxtel iQ). 

For Foxtel on T-Box, it's 3 devices and one of those will be the T-Box. 

However when you log into the Foxtel App, and have only the T-Box and one other device registered, it shouldn't be saying that there are 5 devices registered. 

Redphantom

Also 2 of the devices are listed as t-box... one saying just t-box and the other saying t-box with registration number next to it. I removed the one stating t-box and left the other with registration there.... hope t-box and everything still work when I get a chance to turn it on lol
Redphantom

Anyway I hope at least the workaround by getting app on pc and being able to at least see ‘manage devices’ may help others with this issue.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit