Maria120
Level 1: Cadet

Deregister devices Foxtel on tbox

I am sick and tired of being transferred from Telstra to Foxtel to Telstra regarding de registering a device on the Foxtel app when I can’t even log in to any device including a laptop to “manage my devises” as it says I have 5 already registered. All I did was reset my iPad which already had the Foxtel app on it so when I put the app back on the iPad this is what error I get and no one can help me

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Deregister devices Foxtel on tbox

Hi @Maria120,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and first of all I sincerely apologise for the difficulties in getting an answer to deregistering your devices and registering your device. I've done this a handful of times so I will step you through on what I do to change or update a device.

- First of all ensure you have downloaded the latest Foxtel App for your device. Note this used to be labelled Foxtel Go, you will need to download the newer version of the app for this to work. You can download the required app from by clicking here.

- Open the app and go to 'live TV'. Does your iPad show the Sky News Stream? If so, it's compatible for the Foxtel app. Please change to another channel and you will be prompted to login with your username and password. Please note this is not your Telstra ID details and is a unique to Foxtel services. If you need to reset the password visit https://www.foxtel.com.au/login/forgot/forgot-password-email-check.html

- Here you should be provided with a list of devices currently activated. Your previous iPad log in should be still active here, so you should be able to deactivate this and activate again.

- If you continue to encounter issues, the Foxtel team have a community page (like CrowdSupport) specifically for Foxtel App enquiries. Please do not hesitate to submit any screen shots and error messages to https://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/Foxtel-app/bd-p/Foxtel-Go  if further assistance is required.

Again, I sincerely apologise for the previous difficulties and I trust my steps above gets you access.

Thanks for visiting us today.

-ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Maria120
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Deregister devices Foxtel on tbox

Thank you for your help but I don’t have a Foxtel ID. I have Foxtel on tbox. I need to log in with my Foxtel on tbox details and it gives me that same error.
I have tried and tried to contact Telstra and Foxtel numerous times and no one can help me. I have wasted hours talking and being on hold and being transferred and all I need to do is de-register a device so I can use this app. It is ridiculous. All I did was reset my iPad. I added the Foxtel app again which was working fine before I reset my iPad and now it gives me this “hold up!” Error. It is the same device.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit