Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Exit

I purchased a T-Box outright in 2015. We use it for FTA and Bigpond movies mainly. The record functions are a major plus.
Within months of purchase the set was replaced by the Telstra tv. I have one of these in addition to the T-Box now. The T-Box is still used for FTA/ EPG, and recording.
My question is this, what legal right enables Telstra to actively destroy the functionality of an appliance they sold me? There is nothing wrong with it, it's not broken. Why can they "update" it out of existence? This is different to "not supporting" the product.
It's a bit like a "turning off the life support" vs "murder or euthenasia". It's my appliance, they should not kill it.
What do you think?
Cheers!
Benaldo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Exit

We should be offered a telstra tv at least for replacement. I don't want Foxtel!!
Highlighted

I've got 2 Telstra TV's - the latest version would be better too! - however - the FTA with combined EPG and the record functionality are not in the Telstra TV. Could get a Fetch box and change providers I guess.
Cheers!
Benaldo
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

@Benaldo my understanding is that to discontinue support they have to discontinue the apps, because if the apps are there then they are required to continue to support it under the ACL
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

I sincerely hope it works out this way!
Cheers!
Benaldo

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit