bbddgggg
Level 3: Gumshoe

Foxtel from tbox via Foxtel GO app not working anymore

Even though I did not register more devices, I only swapped one device for another I get this message on Foxtel Go.  Foxtel can't help me because it is a Telstra Tbox account and Telstra can't help me because it is Foxtel

Foxtel Go.png

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Emily999
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Foxtel from tbox via Foxtel GO app not working anymore

May be an idea to call Telstra and ask to speak to the TBOX department. if you havent already.

bbddgggg

Thanks, but I did so already, they told me to go to crowd support

Renee
Level 21: Augmented

Hi bbddgggg,

Within your screenshot, I can see there is a link to Device Management FAQ. Have you looked into the options available to you to manage your registered devices?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bbddgggg

Yes, I have looked at that.  It has nothing helpful in there that would fix the problem

Thanks

Ernest999
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi bbddgggg,

Are you able to log into Foxtel GO on any of your devices?

If you are you should be able to go to an option to manage your devices under the settings menu and deregister devices you don't have in use. 

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

bbddgggg

No, that is the problem.  I have two laptops and the tbox.  The T box has no options for Foxtel Go that I can find and I cannot log on to my laptop devices thus cannot get into settings.  I don't have too many devices registered, only two mobile devices and the T box, which I have always had.  I don't see why I have to deregister any devices.  I just swapped one laptop device for another and this is what has now happened.   AAAAAAAAgh.  I did spend about two hours on two separate occasions explaining this to online support and their only suggestion was to try crowd support which would immediately have an answer for me.  I reinstalled Foxtel Go without any measurable effect.  Sorry if I sound a bit testy, but have been going around in circles now for two weeks.  Thanks for your response anyway.

Ernest999
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi bbddgggg,

I certainly appreciate the frustration you'd be feeling with this.

Firstly let me explain, the Foxtel GO registers itself to the device. So even though you have swapped your laptop, your current Foxtel Go membership is still registered to your old laptop. By any chance do you still have your old laptop? Then you could log in and de register it and also the T-Boxes that you don't use. I noticed there were a few listed in the screen shot you provided. 

If that's not possible, then a work around may be (I know this used to work some years back but may not anymore) to create a new Foxtel ID. https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/register.html  using a different email address for the Foxtel ID. And then register Foxtel Go on the new laptop with the new Foxtel ID. 

Foxtel support, 131 999, should actually be able to delete your old Foxtel ID.

-Ern 

Luke01

I am having the same problem and no one in telstra will help.  Why are we being billed for this?

bbddgggg

Dear Luke

I was on the phone to them and they gave me a small discount on my bill, I think because I asked and didn't seem willing to get off the phone until they gave me one, I wasn't aggressive just patient.

Louise

bbddgggg

Dear Ern

Thank you for your reply.  I could log in to the old computer's Foxtel Go (same problem), so I just deleted the program from the old laptop.

I haven't got two T Boxes (I have seen someone else with the same problem on crowd support, no answer to this either). I only have one T Box and two registrations appear.  I have tried deleting one T Box but it keeps appearing. 

I can't get any help from  Foxtel because I don't have an account with Foxtel, only with Telstra.  I have tried entering my details on the website you suggested but the same problem happens as when I try to phone them.  They don't recognize me as a customer (account holder).  They want my smart card number which is not obtainable on a T Box.  I have tried with the T Box number but that doesn't help.  I think this is a going to be a problem with T Box forever unless someone changes the way Telstra deals with Foxtel.  This is what the T Box people told me when I spent the time with them on the phone.

So, if anyone has some help with this problem, I would gladly accept any more suggestions.

Thanks to those who replied.

bbddgggg

The last post said I could log in to the old computer, I meant to say I could not log in

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry for the confusion bbddgggg, Foxtel Go is only available to Foxtel customers with a set top box. From the Foxtel Go terms:

^Available to Foxtel Residential Cable & Satellite customers with an STU

Sorry this will not be available with a Foxtel on T-Box subscription.

bbddgggg

Dear Jesse

I have had Foxtel Go with a T Box now for ages and it is part of my plan.  Also when logging on to Foxtel Go there is an option to log on as Foxtel from T Box, so I am not sure what you are talking about

Thanks for your reply

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Sincerely sorry for the error with that. Did you get a reference number from when you spoke with our team about this?

Luke01

Yes it is meant to be a part of the plan and has been working correctly for a long time.  I am not sure wht has happended for it to stop working.  The really disappointing thing is that Telstra is well aware of this problem but not doing anything to recitfy it.  The person in complaints / technical issues said that he was well aware that this was a porblem.

bbddgggg

No, I didn't get a reference number on this one.  I don't know why, I did get a name and id from the original person I spoke to.

Ferretg
Level 2: Rookie

I have same problem, only one T-Box and two showing, it all started at the beginning of my bill cycle. Have been on the phone since Sunday trying to get someone who actually wants to help. Obviously no one knows how to fix it. I suggested closing account and re registering but not sure if that would cost more money
DLNZ

I have the same issue and have lodged a complaint with Telstra and received a refund while they work on the issue, refer to my post: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Same-TBox-Registering-Multiple-Times-On-Foxtel-Go/m-p/5...

I urge everyone with the same issue to lodge a complaint with Telstra and request a refund to help this get traction and priority. The form is here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
bbddgggg

Hi, thanks for that it's great.  I saw your entry but then I couldn't find it again.  Navigating crowd support is difficult at times too.  I will put in the complaint

DLNZ

You're welcome @bbddgggg. Telstra have logged this issue with Foxtel to fix, but this may take some months to fix.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit