Allan
Level 1: Cadet

Frustrated with Telstra & TBox

I commenced new Telstra Bundle. Issues with starting internet part of bundle but resolved after numerous phone calls.

Issues with recieiving T_Box and modem after numerous phone calls.

Received T-Box but no modem. After furtehr calls eventuall told to go to nearest Telstra Shop and buy modem and Telstra wil reinburse me. (wait and see if this happens)

Eventually connect T-Box to sytem. Pick up all TV Channels. Connect to internet using Netgear Internet connection kit as suggested by Telstra.

Cannot register T-Box everytime I try to comes up error.

Spent 2 hours with tech support on Thursday 14/07/2011 and still nil result. Advised my problem will be treated as priority. Still no further contact from Telstra.

Very loyal customer who has never dealt with any other company in over 50yrs. Took out bundle as DVD movies are closing down. Would have preferred no T-Box but DVD's but wished to stay with Telstra.

I at the end of my tether. After repeated phone calls I have acheived nothing. No person has the courtesy to even phone fdme and 'say what cafn do to help you' Just talk to different people everytinme I phone.

Have no idea who I can speak to to get things working.

Telstra are about to loose a family who have been with them since PMG, Telecom days.

All I need is sort of communication and perhaps resolve this issue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Extreame
Level 20: Director

Re: Frustrated with Telstra & TBox

Hi Allen

Have you registered the T-Box here?

If all else fails, contact the T-Box service team on 1300 136 841

I hope that helps.

Allan

Thank you for advise. Yes I have tried to register. 

Very upsetting frustrating.

Paid an IT Consultant today to check my set-up and he could not register and we tried 3 diferent computers.

He tried to explain it to T-Box team.

Yet agin I have been placed on priority!!!!

petes

Hey don't feel so bad, I just got my 3rd tbox delivered today and guess what, it WON'T register.

Whatever has gone wrong in their system has screwed everything., I keep getting ttold it will be 48 hours and all is well, and every 48th hour, not all is well.

These are slowly becoming more and more like a worthless piece of crap.

Tom_From_SRG
Level 3: Gumshoe

Was the IT consultant a privately run IT tech or was it part of the Telstra Premium Plus service?
and do not necessarily reflect the views of Telstra
Allan

Private. Have not been able to get any help from Telstra, expcet phone calls telling me to try same process to register. Even though my bundle has Premium Plus Service.

Now have been told my T-Box cannot be used on my phone line!!!. Still waiting for call for apology (told a call will be made ) Cannot understand and it has not been explained why they gave me the T-Box and let me purchase recommended Netgear connections when the system does not allow me to register.

Want the T-Box back even though Telstra gave it to me as part of switching from Bigpond Movies to download.

People in the same unit complex have T-Box.

Tom_From_SRG

In regards to the telephone line, are you refering to the ADSL cable or the cable you plug into a telephone?
If it's an ADSL cable, it needs to be connected via a modem and Ethernet cable instead of directly to the telephone socket. WiFi should also be compatible if your modem supports that.

Have you also tried calling through to premium plus to see if they can organize for one of their technicians to go out to your residence and try and configure everything? They are a really useful service that I have used in the past, they do obviously have a cost for the work they do but are trained in Telstra's products and Services.
You can be connected to them by calling the 13 22 00 enquiry number.
and do not necessarily reflect the views of Telstra
geelongcat
Level 2: Rookie

just wanted to let you know receiving my t-box and modem was as tedious as the process you had to go through,  It took 2 months for our account to be set up and the equipment to arrive.  why this is so hard for them i do not know. 

haven't had any problems registering any of the three t-boxes i've tried, but do know you have to request an immediate software upgrade or nothing will happen.

for a telcom their communication processes are appalling and expecting customers to have the time to spend all day on the phone to them is just rude.  our original t-box took 25 hours of calls to sort out.  not once would they call us back, let us speak to the same person twice or respond to any of my complaints when asked to give feedback. the start of every call was telling staff to check every bloody note on our record to know we were not happy, what we had done and what didn't work. very annoying being told to do same basic thing over and over, despite telling them we needed further assistance than that.  listening skills don't seem to be a high priority for them either.

i hope they can help you, but unless you get bolshy, stubborn and persistent they generally won't.

good luck

hsv1413
Level 2: Rookie

I hear everybodys pain here.

My T-box is awful. Switched from Foxtel IQ to T-box and full of regrets.

The thing constantly freezes and gets less signal strength than the TV.

Strange considering the aerial runs THROUGH the T-box to get to the TV... yet the TV has crystal picture and signal strength is around 90%. The T-box only seems to register 60% at best and errors constantly.

Telstra are sending a replacement which i guarantee will not fix anything.

Why so crap Telstra??

tommyc

I too get a perfect picture with my Television tuner but pathetic reception with the T-Box unit.

Just do what I do, don't use it.... and vouch never to purchase a Telstra branded product every again (product that is, not network service).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit