CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Plex media server

Hi there,

Mt T-Box has downloaded the latest update and now Plex media server is not showing in My Media. I have had it working perfectly for several months now and all of a sudden it doesn't show at all. Has anyone else had this problem ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Plex media server

I use Plex as well and it is still showing up in My Media.

I would put the TBox in to deep sleep mode, restart the Plex server, then restart the TBox and see if that fixes the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Have done that a few times now. I had a look and my tbox hasn't been updated yet which is odd because I have had it working for months. It was fine until we went away for a few days and everything got switched off, since coming home it hasn't worked.
Highlighted

Can you see the Plex server using any other device?

I could suggest a complete system reboot in the following order:

Shut everything down (sequence doesn't matter here - try disconnecting the power from the TBox to ensure that it has fully switched off).

Start up your router/modem and leave for 5 minutes to fully reboot.

Start your Plex Server and leave another 5 minutes.

Start you TBox and see what happens (cna take a few minutes to find everything again)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit