DLNZ
Level 3: Gumshoe

Same TBox Registering Multiple Times On Foxtel Go

I have an issue where my TBox is registering multple times on my Foxtel Go Account. This is stopping me from viewing Foxtel Go on my other devices due to the maximum number of devices reached. I had this same issue earlier in the month and was able to deregister the duplicate TBox entry, however I am not able to do this again as you can only make this change once in a month - and I don't want to wait another two weeks before I can make this change again.

Can someone please help with deregistering the duplicate TBox and also stopping this from happening again in the future. Screen shot with the error is attached:

(btw, the message states I can have five devices and only four are registered!)

TBox Reg Limit.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Gunney
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Same TBox Registering Multiple Times On Foxtel Go

I also have exactly the same problem. Reinstalling the Foxtel Go app does not resolve the error. I only have one T-Box registered and two additional devices with the Foxtel Go app installed. A solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

DLNZ

Thanks Gunney, were you also told to come here when you rang TBox support? I wonder how long we will have to wait for a resolution and what hurdles we will have to endure. I'll give it another day then go to the Telstra complaints site.
Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi DLNZ I apologise however this is not a primary service channel, this is a peer support forum, as such moderators cannot access or action any changes to your accounts and services. For account specific assistance I'm sorry you'll need to contact T-Box support directly on 1300 136 841 24x7

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ferretg
Level 2: Rookie

That didn't help
DLNZ

Thanks for the response Cas-Ra.
I'd appreciate if you could call T-Box support and tell them to stop referring customers here for resolution of issues such as this (as I was told to do when I rang the number you provided, and you can be certain some poor soul doesn't want to be at the end of my venting on this).
This has been another fruitless and frustrating exercise to get help by being bounced to areas that are not able to help (no offense to yourself). I'll go down the path of lodging (yet another) customer complaint and see where I get to - hopefully I can lodge a solution to help others avoid the same frustration in future.
DLNZ

My complaint to Telstra has produced the following response:

• Telstra have lodged a problem report with Foxtel as this is casued by a fault in their systems. This may take some months to fix.
  • Agreement to refund my Foxtel on T-Box subscription for the current month due to non-delivery of the service I have paid for i.e. I am paying for access to Foxtel Go via three devices but due to no fault of my own I can only access this on my T-Box. Anyone else in this situation is free to lodge their own complaint and request a refund on the same basis.
  • When the new month rolls over I can deregister the duplicate T-Box entry again and access Foxtel Go on my other devices. Should the error occur again, I am able to contact my complaint manager and request another refund.
Ferretg
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks, my complaint manager has not got back to me since his initial call, I will be using the information supplied by you, thanks again
Danocc

Same problem here, any resolution?

DLNZ

Hi @Danocc, there is no resolution at the moment, this will apparently take some months for Foxtel to fix. I suggest you take the same course of action as me that I outlined in my post above.This will help get some priority and traction on a resolution.
DLNZ

Hi @Gunney @Ferretg @Danocc and anyone else with this issue. This has just occurred again to me this month.

This appeared to coincide with when I watched a program on 'Foxtel On Demand' on my T-Box, so I suspect this may be how the spurious T-Box registration entry appears.

I'm keen to get any confirmation from others with this issue if this is consistent with their observation (or not).

Please post as a comment to here so I can let my complaint manager know accordingly, many thanks.

beach4
Level 6: Bloodhound

I'm still experiencing this issue and we are now 6 months on (Jan 2017). Each time I de-register the second (duplicate T-Box) it re adds it's self and I can not re-delete for another month.

Would love to know when a fix will be available. If foxtel allowed 5 registered devices for T-Box customers using Foxtel GO this would be a temporary solution until resolved, but a least we could still use our Foxtel GO in the meantime. 

Does Telstra have a fix date on this? I've called Foxtel many times but due to being a Foxtel on T-Box customer they can not help.

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi bec_t, 

Our T-Box Faults team can follow this up for you, and they can be reached any time on 1300136841

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

P_Marsh

Hi Ivan S

I have the same problem that there are 2 TBoxes registered on Foxtel Go.  Just rang the number you said to ring and they directed me to this website.  Seems to be just going around in circles.....

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you tried to removing both T-Box listings? Have you tried deactivating and reactivating the Foxtel on T-Box service? If not, try doing this at the end of the billing cycle if you still want to access this on the other devices that are registered. 

- Shelly

P_Marsh

Hi Shellock

I can not remove both T-Boxes as only 1 change can be done per billing cycle and I have already removed 1 device this cycle, so I cant do anything until the next one.  Do I have to remove both T-Boxes?  Does that mean I have to do this over the following 2 months?   

Not sure what you mean by "deactivating and reactivating the Foxtel on T-Box service".  Is this uninstalling the Foxtel Go app?

Thanks

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I understand that you can only make one change per month and I can see that my question wasn't very clear.  Have you tried removing one Telstra T-Box in one cycle and then tried the other Telstra T-Box in the next cycle? In the image on your original post, there is T-BOX and T-Box (TG0106577519), which one did you try removing?

Have you tried refreshing your subscriptions?

1. Go to Settings
  2. Choose T-Box Information
  3. Select Reset Options
  4. Select Reload Subscription Licences

If you want to try disabling and enabling the Foxtel on T-Box feature, you would log into https://tbox.bigpond.com/ and unsubscribe from Foxtel on T-Box.  You can also do this within the Applications Menu on the T-Box, and then choose Foxtel on T-Box.

- Shelly

kkan

can telstra or foxtel deregister and then register tbox?

AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi kkan

The Foxtel support team may be able to do this directly on 131 999 as it is a part of the Foxtel Go account rather than the T-Box account.

- AlistairQWA

beach4

12 months on and I am still unable to remove the duplicate T-Box on my account. I remove each billing cycle then it re-appears at the end of each cycle so I am not able to add any devices as the T-Box keeps duplicating on my account. 

No-one seems to be able to help, Foxel wipe their hands because I am Foxtel T-Box customer and only have a linked @bigpond email address for my account. They want an actual Foxtel Account Number which is not supplied for Foxtel on T-Box customers. I have called them several times, emailed them and received an email reply (last Aug 2016):

Hi xxxxx,

Thanks for your email regarding the issues you're having with Foxtel via your T-Box.

We have a tool we can use to deregister devices however we're unable to find an account linked to the xxxxxxxxx@bigpond.com email address.

As the Telstra T-Box is a Telstra product you'll need to get in touch with Telstra directly for further assistance. If you give Telstra a call on 132200 they'll be able to assist further.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us.

Kind regards,

Aaron

Foxtel Digital Customer Contact Team

The T-Box team can not help me either because they say it's a Foxtel feature. It's just endless circles. For me this is a long standing issue and frustrating at best. Has anyone been able to find a fix?

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi bec_t,

From what has been advised it sounds like there is an issue with how your BigPond username is attached to the Foxtel on T-Box service. 

If neither Foxtel or T-Box team can assist, I would recommend lodging a formal complaint via one of these methods: Lodging a complaint with Telstra

From there a Complaint Case Manager will be assigned to follow up and help resolve the issue. 

beach4

Thanks IvanS

I have made a formal complaint today as you suggested.

Will see what comes from it though!

CT12

I'm having the exact same issue.

Sounds as though going straight to complaints is the only option?

Luisaantonella

Well I have same issue and only one device is registered. I can't deregister because i can't access the device manager????? Telstra call Ctr have no idea and are not trained on this and sent me here to crowd support... how does the crowd repair Foxtel go issues??? This is all a ploy to rid tbox... it's to get us all to upgrade and change plans.
beach4

Hi Luisaantonella

That is exactly what I have been told. After a complaint was lodged and I was contacted by my case manager to resolve this I would need to change my Telstra plan to include Foxtel via Telstra which can be done by signing up to another contract. Foxel Go would be resolved but the bad news is I would now be receiving 200GB per month of Internet instead of my current 500GB per month for the same price. I was also partly credited for the months my foxtel Go service has not be functioning as it should. 

This was the resolution Telstra have given me but as the NBN is rolling out in our area over the next 60 days I am holding off signing up another contract until then. 
So for now I am still unable to use my Foxtel Go but can change plans for the same price per month but with 300GB less Internet per month Smiley Sad

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit