dilsun-yo
Level 2: Rookie

Subtitles on foxtel - tbox

Answered
Hi,

Do subtitles work on the foxtel channels? My partner is hearing impaired and subtitles help a lot with her watching tv. I can see the free to air channels work fine and subtitles appear, but foxtel channels won't display subtitles. Even when the foxtel channel show says it has closed captions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dylan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Subtitles on foxtel - tbox

Hi Dylan, 

Pulled from the T-box FAQ :  Currently, the T-Box only supports closed captions for Free-to-Air TV content – not BigPond Movies or BigPond TV. We're investigating closed captions for other services as part of our ongoing product development.

I know this doesn't mention Foxtel, but I know it does extend to that service as well. Unfortunately I don't have a time frame of this ongoing product development either.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Dylan, 

Pulled from the T-box FAQ :  Currently, the T-Box only supports closed captions for Free-to-Air TV content – not BigPond Movies or BigPond TV. We're investigating closed captions for other services as part of our ongoing product development.

I know this doesn't mention Foxtel, but I know it does extend to that service as well. Unfortunately I don't have a time frame of this ongoing product development either.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

dilsun-yo
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the reply John.

That is understandable. Thank you for the information.

Hopefully it is something that happens soon as this would be a big win for Telstra amongst the hearing impaired community. 😉

Regards
Dylan
Fergfamily
Level 1: Cadet

Any update or timeframe as to when we can expect Subtitles on T-Box Big Pond Movies ?

duritz
Level 3: Gumshoe

Is there a way to turn it on for the on demand Foxtel shows and movies or is it also not available?
henribailleres

Do we have an ETA yet on the subtitles for hearing impaired?
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi henribailleres, 

No there still isn't a timeframe for this service sorry

colinnjones

Any change? When will SoHo subtitles be available on TBox. Are there any alternatives, like a Foxtel settop box maybe?

Cheers

Col

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey colinnjones,

If you were to have the Foxtel Set-Top Box, then this would be a change to the full Foxtel from Telstra service being provided. This would have it's own charges and fees associated if you were to change to this service. More details on the Foxtel from Telstra service can be located at:

https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/products/foxtel-from-telstra

For now there is no update on sub-titles being available on the Foxtel on T-Box service that I can confirm, sorry 😞 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit