Murrr
Level 3: Gumshoe

T-BOX Applications no longer working

Hi,

It appears that since the most recent T-Box Firmware update, I am no longer able to access the Applications Menu. When I press OK, on the tab it does nothing at all. I have only noticed the problem in the last week or two. I am using the T-box vers 1.

The only app I use often is, My Media, which I now can't access. 

Could someone please check this out or perhaps other members could confirm if they have the same problem?

Thankyou

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: T-BOX Applications no longer working

Hey @Murrr,

not having an issue here.

Have you tried going directly to Channel 958 by entering the numbers in the remote.

I'd also try a 2 second reset (reset button on the bottom of the T-Box, or a deep sleep first (press the power buttong on the remote until the T-Box goes completely powered down).

Let us know if any of this helps before you ring support, who will probably walk you through the same steps, then get you to do a hard reset if none of the above works.

Sadly, the T-Box will be well out of warranty, so you won't be getting a replacement from Telstra.Smiley Sad

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Murrr
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks very much for the reply.

I have tried the resets etc and Chan 958 comes up as invalid.

I had thought it might be a dodgy firmware update, but it looks like the old Warhorse is due for the bin. Well, ok, the shed first to gather dust, and then the bin.

That's electronic stuff for you.

Thanks again.

datalore777
Level 20: Director

I beleive the correct channel number is 916 for My Media.

Cheers!

MildnWild7
Level 1: Cadet

I believe that something is not right with the tbox app its been not right for several days but now its not responsive and is dropping out while in the middle of using it for a program and takes ages to find our tbox.

Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

@datalore777  True, but 958 is "Applications" IIRC

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

sw33

The same thing has happened to me today too. Tried 916 too but that is my media and l really want the radio. Only noticed today the Foxtel stuff on my menu, could it have something to do with them adding that? or has it been there for a while and i only just noticed it.

sgtprickle

@Murrr

Just came across this thread and had the same problem.

Followed the advice of @datalore777 and tried channel 916 and it worked perfectly with my NAS server and Plex server.

Cheers

Gamgees
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Murr

Are you still having issues with this? Have any of the suggestions in this thread helped at all?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
crackojack
Level 11: Detective

If you have hidden the Application channel(958) in your channel list then it will no longer be available through the menu (go figure).

Go to Menu->Settings->Channel Tuning->Edit Channel List.

Make sure Channel 958 is not hidden. (Might have to do 916 as well, not sure)

If the information you have gained from these forums has helped you, then please take the time to thank the author by giving them kudos.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit