Level 2: Rookie

T-Box exit

Does anyone know how the T-Box exit will affect subscribers to packages like the Telstra Entertainer Super Bundle - M? I see references to offers emailed but have not received anything at all on the issue. Do we need new equipment once the t-box is exited? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: T-Box exit

That will depend on what services you use. Do you have Foxtel on TBox?

Basically, the options are (if you want to keep Foxtel access), you upgrade to a full Foxtel service, which uses an iQ box, or you get a Telstra TV2 and a Foxtel Now subscription.

As far as a recording function for Live TV goes, Telstra don't have an option for that (most of the time - assuming your internet connection is up to it - the catch up TV services are all you need).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

Will the t-Box still be capable of recording TV programs from its EPG after the downgrade on March 31? The problem with the Telstra TV2 is that not all programs are available on catch-up; only a selection

I believe so, but you will have to set each recording individually. No ability to so a series record.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The iQ3 if you go the Foxtel option can record FTA and will successfully series link record for it too
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 1: Cadet

Hi-do you believe this is the case or do you know this is the case?

Only believe. Won't know for sure after the 31st March as far as the ability to record using what is left of the EPG. Series record is definitely gone though.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

wrote:

Hi-do you believe this is the case or do you know this is the case?

The EPG will also only be available by FTA and a maximum of 2 days. Its also no longer the full EPG that we are/were used to.Basically its being nerfed to the wazoo!

These days its probably best just to buy smart tv's with the record ability (And T-Shift if you used that on the Tbox).

Hopefully the TelstraTV is a big flop and they bring out a new up-to-date Tbox is the future.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Muster, Jupiter is correct and you can find out all the details of the changes here:  https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Announcements/T-Box-Exit/ba-p/727023

I hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 2: Rookie

I upgraded to IQ3 & Foxtel from Telstra - this is a quote from their site: I hope it does do series record as I really use that all the time.

"Don't miss a second. Pause, rewind and record your favourite live TV shows or use Series Link to set an entire season to record."

Support Team
Support Team

That's awesome to hear!  Yes Series Link does exactly that so you shouldn't miss a thing Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit