docfoxmd
Level 1: Cadet

T-Box Remote Problem (Pairing T-Box Remote)

Answered

Been using my T-Box for about a month now and the remote has suddenly started acting oddly. The remote seems to be working, the green light in the corner flashes off and on, but after a while buttons start to stop working and then when they do start working the green light just stops on as if the button is being continuously pressed, even when released. 

I just wondered if there were any suggestions to get it working again?

Still able to use the T-Box with the iPhone app, but would be nice to have the remote working again properly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: T-Box Remote Problem

Hi docfoxmd, 

Have you tried repairing the remote? Here's how : 

How to pair the T-Box Remote

With the T-Box  powered on, press the reset button on the underside of the T-Box twice. The pairing screen should be displayed, please follow the on screen instructions to pair.

Press the number on the remote as displayed on the TV, if no response from T-Box then press and hold number '1' and '7' on the remote at the same time for a period of 5 seconds (this will unpair the remote and reset the remote), now press the same number as displayed on the TV, press it again to confirm the action and once confirmed a big green tick will be displayed on the TV. Remote is now paired to the T-Box.

If no joy, private message me and we can see about sending you a new remote

- Jon 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi docfoxmd, 

Have you tried repairing the remote? Here's how : 

How to pair the T-Box Remote

With the T-Box  powered on, press the reset button on the underside of the T-Box twice. The pairing screen should be displayed, please follow the on screen instructions to pair.

Press the number on the remote as displayed on the TV, if no response from T-Box then press and hold number '1' and '7' on the remote at the same time for a period of 5 seconds (this will unpair the remote and reset the remote), now press the same number as displayed on the TV, press it again to confirm the action and once confirmed a big green tick will be displayed on the TV. Remote is now paired to the T-Box.

If no joy, private message me and we can see about sending you a new remote

- Jon 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

docfoxmd

Hi Jon

Thanks for the message, it's bizarre but I changed the batteries and now the remote is functioning correctly again. I have no idea why as the old batteries were only a month old. If I have any further issues I will try the re-pairing option first.

Many thanks

Adam

william1

i have had the same problem with our remote,we follow the guide lines but it now happens on a regular basis of asking us to pair the remote.

Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi william1,

When last did you change the batteries?

Feel free to contact our T-Box team on 13 22 00 to see if they have stock to send out a replacement but in the mean time we do have a smart phone app for Android and iOS devices that works great as an alternative remote.

- Jon

RobTarr

Finally found a fix. Remote stopped working and app couldn't see the Tbox with screen in pairing mode. Went to the App Store and selected remote app again. All of a sudden iPhone recognised box and we're back in business
CARLSCHMID

Re: T-Box Remote Problem (Pairing T-Box Remote)

I have chnged the batteries and tried repairing the remote. Could I please be sent a new one.

ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CARL!

Chat to our T-Box support team 1300136841 and we can assist with this.

Cheers, Scott.

Madison1

Hello

Everything was working last night. Today the handset to our tbox is not working. Not doing anything. The tbox is on. We have switched it off and pressed the reset button and checked leads etc. Nothing. We have changed batteries of our handset but nothing.  I have an android phone but still thought I would download the tbox remote app. It downloaded onto my phone but cannot see the tbox. Please advise.  Lisa

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Lisa that's no good, we can troubleshoot with you via T-Box support direct 1300 136 841 24x7 and we can go from there

Miner916

I just recieved my new remotes. Resetting didn't bring up pairing on screen. Also tried turning the unit on/off then reset .... Nothing happened, actually, I should say, my tv screen broke out into digital squares in parts (not the entire screen). As soon as I released the reset button, tv screen back to normal.
Ernest999
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Miner916

check out this troubleshooting guide for T-Box remote http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Fix-T-Box-remote-control-problems/ta-p/398430

If this does not help you resolve the problem with your new remotes the best thing will be to talk with T-Box support 1300 136 841.
-Ern

Nivek2

Remote not working on box put in new batteries and have reset but no good

kevin spletter

Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Nivek2

Have you tried contacting like our live chat to order a replacement T-box? They can be reached here : https://livechat.telstra.com/

Otherwise you can try our smartphone app in the mean time, available for iOS and Android.

- Jon

Philip56

Hi Miner916

check out this troubleshooting guide for T-Box remote

on ‎17-07-2015 07:35 PM

Hi Miner916

check out this troubleshooting guide for T-Box remote http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Fix-T-Box-remote-control-problems/ta-p/398430

If this does not help you resolve the problem with your new remotes the best thing will be to talk with T-Box support 1300 136 841.
-Ern

THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION THAT WORKS EVERY TIME! Thank you Ern999!!!

Philip H.

ron999

tbox pearing issues i have followed all relevant info and my remote wont pair to the tbox even after resetting t box and following the 1 and 7 thingy then the no that comes up on the screen

Bilbo1

Since trying to do the annoyingly-frequent match of T-box with remote, I have been unable to use the remote.

Have reset the T-Box, changed the batteries, unplugged the power and waited 30 sec and re-started everything.

Nothing, zip,nada, zilch.

Please assist, or do I have to lose the use of my Fox and Free-to-air until I can get a new remote?

Cheers

08td

My t box remote has stopped working. I have tried to re pair it but it seems the buttons don't work. I have also changed the batteries 

can someone email me with any ideas on what is causing the issue

davidb1967

i have tryed all the suggestions and still wont work

Adam_E
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi davidb1967,

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with your T-Box and pairing the remote itself, please contact our T-Box Faults Team directly at 1300 136 841 to investigate further

Please let me know how you go

Busted

I updated to NBN but because the tbox remote stopped working years ago, we have used the on line tbox apps. The tbox needs to connect to the new modem wifi but we cant access the tbox.

I bought a seperate keyboard to plug direct into the tbox and reset the tbox so it goes back to the start but when i try and enter the number 1 and number 7 on the keyboard the t box only recognitises the seperate keyboard numbers n doesnt do anything.

My next step is to buy a logitech universal remote.

Any suggestions
mrfoxall

Busted I might have a spare T-Box remote i'll have a look. I can send it to you if I find it? I gave up on the T-BOX, it was to unreliable. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit