Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Tbox - Foxtel issue: "Loading Internet Channel" (Cannot start playback, 0602)

Have been unable to watch my active (subscribed) Foxtel cannels on TBox for over 5 weeks. When I select a Foxtel channel, it displays a back screen with "Loading Internet Channel" at top of screen then after 20 seconds, a red banner at bottom of screen appears, "Cannot start playback - 0602". However, the program guide and on screen display are still populating correct information for each Foxtel channel; It simply won't stream the content of the channel. Foxtel On Demand content streams perfectly without errors, as with Bigpond Movies and Presto and Free to Air channels, they are also error free and display content perfectly.

Prior to calling Telstra I had tried all recommended troubleshooting techniques for both te TBox and my broadband router found on Telstra Crowd Support forums and the Telstra Support pages online in relation to this problem and problems similar to this.

My initial voice conversation with a Telstra consultant resulted in all of the above troubleshooting again, unsuccessfully, resulting in an escalation to Level 2 support (call back) and an impression from Telstra that it is a "streaming issue from Foxtel in my area due to slow speeds as Foxtel on TBox requires a 'very fast' downstream with consistent connection" .... ???? I had to laugh at this point because the Telstra service status page has not displayed any TBox and/or Foxtel incidents in my postcode throughout the 5 weeks I have endured this problem. Furthermore, my Internet service is Bigpond Cable 3.0 (latest Netgear gateway) with a speedboost and my avg. down stream over 110 Mb/s and my TBox connects to the router via Ethernet yellow Cat6e lead. Sorry but downstream and consistent connections are NOT an issue here!!! So, I ring back Telstra after missing the Level 2 technician's call (at work) on the number he/she called me on, only to hear a recorded message telling me this was Telstra calling about my service issue, please call us back etc etc..... So I did, only to be back at Level 1 support doing ALL the same troubleshooting again and re-escalated to Level 2 again but told it could be 24-48 hours until they ring me back. I pleaded this was not acceptable, as the problem was already sent to Level 2 support and I followed the instructions on my missed call to ring Telstra back... At this point I'm placed on hold for 5-6 mins and put through to the Team Leader of the Level 1 consultant. The team leader advised me that he has asked Level 2 to contact me ASAP but unfortunately, he can't transfer me or "drop in" a Level 2 technician and that I must wait for the L2 technician to contact me again to start over. So basically I get one chance to answer my phone when they ring back or I'm back to square one with my issue still unresolved. I asked the Team Leader to at least credit me back for the 5 weeks I have not been able to view Foxtel channels I am being invoiced for on my bill -- the Team Leader tell me that L2 tech can credit this also when they ring me back.....

Aaaarrrghhh SO FRUSTRATED right now!!! I can't watch my Foxtel channel, only a black screen --- and to rub salt in the wounds, my black screen now gives a pop-up in top right corner of screen saying, "Foxtel Upgrade Offer - press blue button". When I press the blue button, Telstra tries to "sell" me the EXACT same package of channels but with a Foxtel set top box and the EXACT same home internet bundle I'm already paying for but wants a 2 year contract on the Foxtel. Sorry guys, I already gave you 2 years loyalty when I signed up for my home phone/internet bundle 4 months ago. The feature that appealed to me about the Foxtel on TBox is the month-to-month package flexibility which I can deactivate and resume at my discretion.

Bottom Line --> I want this fixed. To date, I have made 4 calls, one email and one 24/7 chat session to Telstra - all to no avail.

If it cant be resolved or remains unknown as to what the problem is, Im left with no choice but to unregister my TBox, cancel my Foxtel subscription and demand a calculated credit for the service I have not received. However, I won't be arranging this through Telstra, I will simply request it via my own escalation to the T.I.O.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Tbox - Foxtel issue: "Loading Internet Channel" (Cannot start playback, 0602)

Well my problem seems to be resolved now... as at 9pm 28/12/2015 I still had not received a call back from Level 2 consultant, but amazingly when my wife checked the Foxtel channels... i.e. NatGeo People, it streamed flawlessly. Up to the time of posting this (now) all subcription channels are still working fine.

Hmmmmmm... sounds to me like a "switch" was just "turned back on" from the "off" setting somewhere between my Bigpond Cable coax wall plate and the Telstra/Foxtel server that supplies us with said service.

Thank you anyway for the restoration, whomeever you were and for what ever the fault was.

Cheers for now,

Pete  & Bec

Highlighted

Re: Tbox - Foxtel issue: "Loading Internet Channel" (Cannot start playback, 0602)

Exactly the same issue here. Telstra have one more day left to meet the 5 business day promise. Pls refer my earlier posting.
Highlighted

Hope you're back online with Foxtel by now...? How did you go mate?
Highlighted

Hi

Support advised me to plug the netgear powerline adapter directly into my cable-modem, which is a Netgear CG3100 being used in 'bridge mode', instead of plugging into my router. This solved the problem with the tbox internet channels but created a new problem. The new problem is that other devices plugged into the powerline adapters, including the one to which the t-box connects, now cannot get a dynamic IP address. Thats not surprising, as the CG3100 running in bridge mode is not configured for DHCP.

I'll have to call Telstra back.

B'Surfer

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

@BroadbandSurfer wrote:

Hi

Support advised me to plug the netgear powerline adapter directly into my cable-modem, which is a Netgear CG3100 being used in 'bridge mode', instead of plugging into my router. This solved the problem with the tbox internet channels but created a new problem. The new problem is that other devices plugged into the powerline adapters, including the one to which the t-box connects, now cannot get a dynamic IP address. Thats not surprising, as the CG3100 running in bridge mode is not configured for DHCP.

I'll have to call Telstra back.

B'Surfer

It is possible that a setting in your own router could be at fault. With the bridge mode set-up, your router is effectively the "gateway" from your network to the internet.

I also have bridged set-up and no issues with my T-Box, although I'm not currently subscribed to Foxtel, but have been in the past.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Same basic problem here,except on ADSL2+, not Like D249442, I seem to have enough of a connection to get the "upgrade" offer on my screen on the time, but my Foxtel on tbox signal is constantly dropping out (but also having weird issues with sound, and buffering on Foxtel on demand on Tbox). The paranoid in me makes me wonder if it's just to get everyone off Tbox and onto either Telstra TV or Foxtel from Telstra with the Iq2, but I also don't want to recontract, and I certainly don't want to contract for 24 months of Foxtel. I'm a Grad student who's only able to work casually so it's not really sensible! The Foxtel on Tbox product was great because of the option of being able to go month by month. Anyway, I suppose I'll have to get on the phone to Tbox support.

Interesting to read your experiences - thought it might've just been a slow ADSL issue (although I've never had probs before), so interesting to see people having probs on NBN!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit