pittypat
Level 3: Gumshoe

Tbox on Telstra Business Broadband

Are there plans to allow full Tbox functionality over a Telstra Business Broadband connection? Our football club has a Telstra BizEssential bundle and because the broadband is Telstra Business and not Bigpond we cannot get the internet channels.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
wdtvandsound
Level 11: Detective

Re: T-Box on Telstra Business Broadband

@pittypat wrote:
Are there plans to allow full Tbox functionality over a Telstra Business Broadband connection? Our football club has a Telstra BizEssential bundle and because the broadband is Telstra Business and not Bigpond we cannot get the internet channels.
Business is business only.

I tried and it came down to the 13 digit Account number as well, so you can pay one off.

You have to register the box on line with bigpond, so you might just have to have a seperate Acc.

To get a T-Box and a T-Hub I had to close my business account and open one in my name!!!

""You can't buy a Holden car stereo from the Holden Engine factory!!!"""

They are separate profit organisations and only shear the infrastructure, not the customer hard ware. You won't be able to use the free bigpond green dot data or TV channels, but else will work. The Bigpond moves might work if you register for movie membership. This requires billing your phone bill or using voucher credits. 

I'm not a Telstra employee.
I'm a Wireless 3G/4G LTE/4GX Antenna Sub-contractor and these are my opinions and not of Telstra.
Lathania
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Tbox on Telstra Business Broadband

@pittypat wrote:

Nope. Nothing announced.

Lathania

Hi there, is there any update on this?  Is it possible to register a TBox with a telstra business broadband account?

TimBartel
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi JMW40,

While Technical Support is still available for the device, the T-Box is no longer an in-market device. Meaning we no longer sell or produce them. It is extremely unlikely then, that any changes will be made to the platform. 

Cheers, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit