KayleeB
Level 1: Cadet

TBox Subtitles won't turn off in Movie

Hi all,

All of a sudden our Tbox is playing subtitles on all movies we download through bigpond movies. I have tried pressing OK and down but it doesn't give any options to turn subtitles off/on and the settings in display settings are also changed to none however the subtitles still show for movies?

Please help, they are very annoying! TIA

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: TBox Subtitles won't turn off in Movie

HI Kaylee

You just need to go to the Subtitles Preferences option, in Display Settings, in the Settings Menu to switch off the Subtitles,

Let me know how you get on 🙂 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kringe

same - subtiltes wont turn off - settings are off in preferences and recorded video is ok but downloaded bigpond movie is unable to remove subtitles - very annoying

JarredD
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kinge,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues removing subtitles.

Have you tried pressing the OK button on the remote, then selecting the down button and scrolling to select "English".

As per the T-Box User Guide here - Page 38

- Jarred

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Srur

Hi Guys.
Exactly the same issue... Subtitles (OC/CC) are turned off but issue still remains. It really shouldn't be that hard.
Is it because we downloaded the movie with the setting in on position?
AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Srur

Was this happening on all the rentals in Bigpond Movies on your T-Box? Which movies have been affected by this?

- AlistairQWA

Maija
Level 2: Rookie

Hi sounds like a silly question but did you rent an OC movie, I did, and spent the whole movie trying to turn off subtitles, next time I rented an OC movie same thing but I managed to put 2 &2 together after a while now I don't rent open caption any more. They should write open caption on the info as quite a few people I asked had no idea what this OC was.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit