michaelfromoz
Level 2: Rookie

TBox Subtitles

Answered

On my TBox, my subtitles have suddenly got out of sync with the video. On recorded programmes the subtitles precede the video by some seconds. Only started happening during the last week or so. The only thing I can remember doing was to re-scan channels to obtain ABC HD on channel 20. We rely on the subtitles and it is incredibly annoying to watch at the moment.

PS. there is no board that suits the TBox so I just selected Device Updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelfromoz
Accepted Solution

Re: TBox Subtitles

It would appear that it is both the ABC and ABC HD channels that are out of sync during live and hence recordings so nothing to do with the T-Box.

Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Hey @michaelfromoz  welcome to Crowdsupport.

Item 1:  You can see from the fact that your post has been moved to the appropriate place.  CS is easy to navigate, and the sections are obvious.  You should have typed in a search for T-Box and it would have given you an idea of where to go. Never mind, we are here now.Smiley LOL

Item 2:  I have no idea how the subtitles could be out of synch with recorded video. If you have recorded stuff, the subtitles are part of the same stream and not separated

If you record a new program with CC (subtitles), are they still out of synch?

What about if you watch a program with subtitles live?

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

michaelfromoz

Thanks for putting me into the right place. I'm still not sure where I would have found that section but never mind.

We rarely watch TV live except for the news, preferring to record our favourites and watch at a time of our choosing. In that way the TBox is excellent.

Although I need to investigate a little further it would seem that the problem might be limited to ABC HD, being the new channel. Recordings made from other channels look OK. This would make the fault not with the TBox. I'm not sure who I contact for that!

Cheers

Michael

michaelfromoz
Accepted Solution

It would appear that it is both the ABC and ABC HD channels that are out of sync during live and hence recordings so nothing to do with the T-Box.

Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

BTH99
Level 1: Cadet

I am also having the same problem with our T Box

1.. With live TV on ABC (Ch 2 and 20 at least) the subtitles are synced quite OK.

2.. But when we record a programme on these channels the sub-titles show a few seconds before the actual scene to which they refer.

3.. This only happens on the ABC channels and not any others.

4.. Our other PVR (Panasonic) does not give this problem

I have done a full reset of the box but that has not fixed the problem. So it would seem that there is a bug in the TBox system that is not recording the subtitles correcty  since a rescan about 3 weeks ago - possibly whenthe Ch 20 was initiated with HD.

Can someone help me please

BH

Nat12

I record on t box but the subtitles are out of sync. Very deaf and need the subtitles.

BTH99

If so many people are having problems why is this issue shown as "solved" as above ?? Surely it should be being addressed by Telstra as it their box that is giving the problems. As I mentioned previously my Panasonic PVR manages the ABC sub-titles perfectly on recorded programmes.

michaelfromoz

For me, I have found that the ABC channels are out of sync both live and subsequently via T-Box recording and it started at the time of the ABC Channel 20HD launch, pointing to the ABC being the problem.

I saw this as an issue whilst researching through the ABC support system, have emailed the ABC and have been told in an email reply that their engineers are working on it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit