Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

5 - 7 business day wait for return call regarding faulty handset cradle AND MORE!

I am authorised to act on my sisters account. Took her faulty handset cradle to local telstra dealer where item was purchased. They did trouble shooting and ascertained the the handset cradle was faulty and not charging the handset, and phoned THub support to organise a replacement........the telstra person wanted all the numbers from the tablet, the handset - everything!! - I had to go back to the house and get everything!......dealer was told that as the numbers inside the handset were unable to be read that the cradle would not be replaced! The reason the numbers cannot be read is because of the stickers location under the batteries which had to be removed and replaced numerous times during trouble shooting. The dealer said that the reason was totally unacceptable, and the the item had to be replaced - which the telstra thub consultant eventually agreed to when the authorised telstra representative requested to speak to her team leader. The authorised Telstra dealer was then told that we had to wait 5-7 BUSINESS days for a senior thub technician to evaluate the call, and decide what or if to replace the faulty item - again, the representative said this was unacceptable, and the Thub support person agreed to 'escalate' the priority and was assured that a call back would be received within 48hours. So I called today - 48 hourslater, and get told that no-one would ever say 48 hours, as there is minimal senior technicians to evaluate the replacement requests, and this is always the process! I was also told, that when this technician 'looks over' what has been done, then a decision is made as to what needs to be replaced, and usually the faulty item is returned and a replacement then sent back! Yes, I did ask the consultant to verify that I had to wait 5-7 business days for a techinician to call me, and then the replacement process MAY start, depending on his decision! This is totally unacceptable!!! I cannot beleive that it takes so long to receive a call back when an authorised dealer has already ascertained that the item is faulty. I requested to speak to her supervisor and she denied request stating that her supervisor could do nothing, and 5-7 days is the procedure. I also requested that she authorise, or her superviser authorise that the entire Thub be returned to store for replacement and she denied the request! If my son did not work for a telstra dealer, we would be taking our accounts elsewhere! I am totally disgusted and disappointed with the service we have received from Telstra. To cap things off, the telephone line associated with this Thub is also faulty, and at times no calls can be made or received for days, and then starts working again. Again, as authority on the account, I reported the fault. A telstra representative called me the next day and wanted to make an appointment at that very moment for someone to attend the address. As I was unaware of my sisters movements the next day, the person was given her phone number to call and make an appointment with her (she is the property owner and account owner, not me) - she was at work at the time, and has had no missed call or message to phone anyone about this matter. I received a text message on the 5th stating the service will be restored by 06/09/2012. I then received a text today at 9.45am stating the issue was resolved on the 5/9/2012 - when it is still not working!!! My sister called today and said it still not working (I forwarded text messages from telstra to her mobile), when she was told, that as she did not return the phone call withing 24 hours, the job was cancelled, and she will have to wait until saturday for someone to look at the line! The man who called me to make the appointment was very rude, and when I said I could talk right then and there, he said that I had to make appointment right now or wait another 24hours for another phone call! I told him that I was not the account/property owner, and to call the correct person - which he did not do! I am soooo frustrated and angry right now!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: 5 - 7 business day wait for return call regarding faulty handset cradle AND MORE!

Hi Helenmurdock 

Welcome to Crowd Support  Smiley Happy 

There is a reason why they can not escalate your problem any faster than 5-7 business days.

A) that would be unfair to all the people who have waited in the queue

B) I presume the reason why a Senior T-Hub technician has to evaluate the issue is because it may be something they can fix without needing the T-HUB replaced or sent back for re-pair

C) As you advised your son works for a Telstra Dealership he should know the process and understand that it is un-fair to cut corners.

A Telstra dealership consultant is quite different to a Senior T-Hub technician, just because the consultant at the dealership said it's faulty does not mean it is, hence why Telstra has a Senior T-hub technician to evaluate it before jumping to any conclusions.

I can understand your fustrated and you just want your sisters service restored and fixed but you must follow the correct procedure just like everyone else.

- C

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

Re: 5 - 7 business day wait for return call regarding faulty handset cradle AND MORE!

the cradle does not charge - it is dead - not receiving any power - how is someone in an office going to determine that??  My son works for a Telstra partner, not Telstra store.  Why cut so many jobs if there is obviously a need for more technicians.  Waiting 5-7 business days is still the most ridiculous wait time I have ever heard of, and not acceptable. After the wait time, we still have to go through the replacement process which, Im guessing will be probably 10 days.

Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

@helenmurdock wrote:

the cradle does not charge - it is dead - not receiving any power - how is someone in an office going to determine that??  My son works for a Telstra partner, not Telstra store.  Why cut so many jobs if there is obviously a need for more technicians.  Waiting 5-7 business days is still the most ridiculous wait time I have ever heard of, and not acceptable. After the wait time, we still have to go through the replacement process which, Im guessing will be probably 10 days.

The point is that the Senior probably has a decent amount more training then some Dealer trained sales rep, and he makes the decision if it gets replaced.

You are not, contratcutally or otherwise, entitled to Repair and Restore of that hardware within 24 hours are you?

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted

agreed that  the senior would have more training - no one seems to get my frustration at having to wait 5 - 7 business days for a phone call to then go through trouble shooting again (already done with THub support twice) and then to have to start the replacement process.  Im not sure what this sentence means "You are not, contratcutally or otherwise, entitled to Repair and Restore of that hardware within 24 hours are you?"   Any way, I have since been told by the telstra partner that the information I was given (over and over again) is wrong, and that telstra have accepted the thub back and it is being replaced. the maximum wait time for a call back is 2 working days - which is more acceptable

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit