jacanzo
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Pencil

Have just purchased Apple Pencil for my wife and I to share and now find that it doesn’t work on iPad Mini or Air. The problem probably occurred because we are octogenarians and the so popular soft grey miniature typeface used theses days has caught us again......hope someone at Telstra has a solution.....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Apple Pencil

If you bought it from the Telstra accessories store, then the compatibility is listed in bold black typeface, so the soft grey miniature typeface problem doesn't apply.

Unfortunately, given that you've opened it and tried to use it, your only option is probably going to be to sell it secondhand.

There is no Pencil type option for the iPad Mini or iPad Air (prior to 6th generation) that I know of.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jupiter

Re: Apple Pencil

Actually, I stand corrected. It should work with the following:

iPad Models

If you bought the 2nd Generation Pencil, then it won't work with the iPad Air or Mini.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit