Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

can't change My Account password. says function unavailable

have linked our bigpond email to outlook.com so we can use it to set up our microsoft account on the new windows 8 slate pc. the password is currently only 7 chars and needs to be 8 for the microsoft account but it says the function is not available when we try and enter the new password. we can still login to our bigpond account and access our webmail using the old password.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: can't change My Account password. says function unavailable

Hi Shelly1505,

Try logging into your BigPond account here to change the password: https://myaccount.bigpond.com/MyServices.do

If you have an ADSL or BigPond Mobile Broadband service, you may need to update the modem with the new password as well.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

When I try and change the password in Bigpond (I used your link although I had tried it before) I get a message saying "Sorry, our system is currently unable to change your password. Please try again later." This has gone on since Saturday.
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Contact us on 133 933 or via Live Chat and we can organise to reset the password from our end. If it doesn't work for us then there is clearly an issue that needs to be rectified on your account, which my colleagues will be able to report for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit