Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Can't Make call on Cube T7 Tablet

Hi Crowd,

I have the above 7 inch Table. Its 2G / 3G /4G Compatable and has Micro Sim Accessability. Anyway I bought a $2 Telstra Sim to check out the phone funationality. (I'm a existing Telstra customer with 2 Big Pond Accouns). I've activated the sim and dowloaded $15.00 Credit.

I can receive calls but cannot make them all I get when I try to make a call is "Your call cannot be connected please check the number and try again. or if you haven't yet activated your Telstra Pre Paid service ring 1258887." I've checked online and the service is activated and I've added it to my existing account and it shows as being in credit for the $15.00.

Any ideas, I'm assuming this is a Telstra roadblock not the tablet?

Cheers

Bam

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Can't Make call on Cube T7 Tablet

Hi Justy, these aren't what one would class as a mainstream device. Can you try the sim card in another device, tablet phone etc. to make sure that it has the two way function in one of them?

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted

Hi Crowd,

Turns out this was a SIM issue. I purchased another Telstra SIm and it works fine. Is this a common SIM problem? Now how do I recoup the $2.00 SIM cost and transfer the $15.00 credit that I put on the SIM?

Thanks

Justy

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Right well that's exactly why I wanted you to see if you could try the sim in another device, process of elimination. Good that we got that sorted.

Now as to the credit etc. best that you make direct contact with the Telstra pre-paid team, they have access to accounts etc which aren't available here on a public peer to peer forum.

You'll find the options to contact them and get arrangements underway to get your sim credits sorted at this link: https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/faults-technical-support  Select pre-paid services.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted

Hi Crowd,

Its not a SIm issue as such or a Telstra isuue as such however their activatication website needs some thought. If you activate the Sim for tablet use you will not get phone access. Activate as Phone and everything is good. Interesting in that alot of tablets now are Phone access ready...anyway... The Telstra 24/7 help/chat line is fantastic and the guy from Telstra refunded my $15.00 credit back to my Credit Card immediately and all is good on my new Sim. I'm out of pocket $2.00....thats not a biggie obviously.

The concerning thing is that if you're not reasonably tech savy you'd assume that you'd bought a dud tablet.

As an aside do yourself a favor and check out the Cube T7 7 inch Phablet, for $198.00 in Aust with 32GB SD included it undercuts by a significent margin whats available retail in Aus and has great preformance.

Jussy

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Cube : Cube i7 Intel Core-M 4G LTE Tablet 4GB RAM 128GB SSD ROM 11.6 Inch FHD Windows 10.

Now i am pretty sure this is not a sim issue and the above Cube Product is pretty robust product with good spects. Its not a Telstra issue prt sue but sim does not appear to be recognised in the card reader, ant ideas?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit