Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot send email from my iPad

I'm overseas, I can receive emails from my bigpond account on my iPad but I'm not able to SEND any mail out. the error message says "the sender address was rejected by the server". I can login to bigpond webmail, compose a mail and send it, but not from my iPad. Why is this so?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Cannot send email from my iPad

I'm not able to SEND any mail out. the error message says "the sender address was rejected by the server".

Which outgoing mail server have you configured the Mail app on your iPad to use?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted

I've set the outgoing mail server to - mail-hub.bigpond.net.au which is the same as what I have set up on my home iMac 

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

mail-hub.bigpond.net.au

That sounds odd. Try the link below and see what it says.

BigPond mail settings index.png

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted

It tells me that the message not delivered
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jimmytee,

If you would like The Crowd to help with this, a little more information is required. 

Can you confirm which mail platform your BigPond mailbox is on? If you aren't sure, then log in here: http://bigpond.com/email-status

That link will also provide the preferred details.

If your mailbox is hosted on Outlook.com and like the original poster, you are on an iPad then the best option is to choose the Hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook.com option when creating the account.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Old post I know but I am experiencing exactly the same issue from both my iPad and iPhone. Can receive emails but not send. I checked and my account is not an outlook account. Does anyone know what the workaround outgoing server should be? Mine is mail.bigpond.com
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

We have recently changed some mail settings for our customers on the mail.bigpond.com platform. I would recommend logging into the link that Shelly provided above and double checking your server settings as they may have changed.

Shelly has also published some troubleshooting on sending/receiving emails here; http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Problems-with-sending-or-receiv...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Re: Cannot send email from my iPad while in UK

Receiving new emails ok but when I try to send one I receive the following message: Cannot Send Email. The connection to the outgoing server "mail.bigpond.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars. What can be done to fix this?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cannot send email from my iPad while in UK

Heya mausgrass,

How are you accessing your emails, as in which client?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Highlighted

I have not changed any settings since leaving Australia
Highlighted

Telstra bigpond
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey niftynev,

If you're overseas, the easiest way to access your BigPond email is via webmail. Your settings can change depending on the ISP you are connecting at the time. You can avoid this issue by using webmail Smiley Happy

Brodie

Highlighted

Re: Cannot send email from my iPad when overseas

Why can I receive emails on my iPad but not send any?
J

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cannot send email from my iPad when overseas

Hey judy48,

Most ISPs block your ability to send emails using servers that aren't theirs (for instance, we do that so if you try to send email via a non-BigPond mail server on a BigPond service it won't work) as an anti-spam measure. I would recommend following Brodie's advice in the post immediately above yours.

-Dylan

Highlighted

Re: Cannot download emails from BigPond account while in Uk

I have used this IPhone in UK before but I cannot access my BigPond emails on my phone
I can access on my Ipad
Highlighted

Hi... I'm having issues with sending email 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit