junes1
Level 1: Cadet

iPad prepaid recharge dates.

Quick question re iPad recharge dates.

I'm kinda fed up w losing time on my 30 days ipad recharge if I recharge early. (Last month for example I recharged a day early 20 December for an expiry 21st Dec and suddenly my new due date was the 19th of the month. If I'd waited it wd have been the 20th). (And on my reading this penalty for early recharge contravenes Telstra policy, but that's another argument).

So now my account shows that my credit currently expires tomorrow, 19 Jan. Can someone just confirm that this means I can recharge on the 19th? And that I won't log in tomorrow and find my sizeable credit nuked?

thanks. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: iPad prepaid recharge dates.

Provided you do it before the time, I assume so, however I would recommend recharging the night before just to be safe.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

junes1
Level 1: Cadet

Ok thanks Ben, did the recharge. Dropped in to LiveChat who also advised caution as cd 'expire at any time' on the due date. Shouldn't be this unclear of course! A day is the full 24 hours.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@junes1 wrote:
Ok thanks Ben, did the recharge. Dropped in to LiveChat who also advised caution as cd 'expire at any time' on the due date. Shouldn't be this unclear of course! A day is the full 24 hours.

True, but that could also mean Midnight on the day, which is where the ambiguity comes into it 🙂

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

junes1 wrote:
Shouldn't be this unclear of course! A day is the full 24 hours.

That's cut-and-dried to me. In agreeing with you, I have to say, why don't you note down the time of day when you actioned your recharge, and wait 29 days 23 hours and 55 minutes before actioning your next recharge? If you lose your built up recharge credit balance, you'd certainly have reasonable grounds to complain and get it reinstated or credited anew by Telstra, if you can prove it (ultimately to the TIO, if it comes to that).

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit