Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Microsoft Surface Pro X - Will Telstra release it? If yes, what's the ETA?

Hi everyone

I am in the market for an LTE-enabled 2-in-1 tablet/laptop thingy.

I am not very keen on getting a two-generations old (soon to be three-generations old in a matter of days) Surface Pro 5 (since Pro 6 and 7 do not have LTE support, for some reason Microsoft thought - as usual - let's "upgrade" by removing a key feature!)

Now the new Surface Pro X looks promising (bar for the ARM64 thing which is a gamble especially that x64 apps won't work with it unless ported by developers) but neither Telstra nor Microsoft confirmed any plans that any carrier in Australia (Telstra or otherwise) will carry it)

Any insider scoops? even if a tentative yes would help

You can take a geek out of working for telcos but you can't take telco-specific geekcraft out of a geek

P.S.: No I have never worked for Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro X - Will Telstra release it? If yes, what's the ETA?

If it is released, then keep an eye on the Telstra Tablets for Small Business as it most likely won't be on the Consumer page.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks, that is where I usually look (since I hold only a Small Business Account with Telstra and no consumer accounts)

Why would neither MS nor Telstra announce any potential co-op? 

You can take a geek out of working for telcos but you can't take telco-specific geekcraft out of a geek

P.S.: No I have never worked for Telstra
Highlighted

If there is no pre-order period, then Telstra generally do not announce such things.

A supply agreement may also not have been made at the time of launch.

Or, Telstra may not be going to carry that model, so there would be no announcement at all.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit