therese1957
Level 1: Cadet

Pre-paid microsim for tablet

Hi

I have just purchased my first Tablet.  (Wi-fi + 4G).  I didn't even realize they had a sim card slot until I opened the box and read the instructions. I will be using Wi-Fi when I can, but if Wi-fi is not available (for instance when we are travelling) and I want to connect to the internet,  do I need to purchase a pre-paid micro sim.  We only travel a few months of the year so I do not want to go on another plan.

Thanks

Therese 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
inversation
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Pre-paid microsim for tablet

Hey Therese!

I have 3G and 4G tablets that I use on Telstra, and it's dead easy to set up. If you can get yourself to a Telstra shop, ask them for a data-only microSIM and they'll help you out. It's $30 for a prepaid SIM + 3Gb of data that lasts a month. When you top up, you have options for more data on a month-to-month basis, or you can get data for up to a year. 

It looks like you do have the option of going on a plan as well if that suits your needs better, but if you want more info, can't visit a shop, or would prefer to check it out online, head to the following link and have a look at what's on offer.

https://www.telstra.com.au/online-shop/tablets.cfm#/bring-your-own

Thanks! =)

- Aaron

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit