aspens
Level 1: Cadet

Pre-paid SIM expiry date

Hi I have  a few prepaid sims to use in a Telstra USB stick to use with my laptop when I am away from home.

I know how long they are good for once they are activated but I also know that an unactivated one also has an expiry date. Can someone tell me where to find this as I cannot see anything on the sim that looks like a date etc.

thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Pre-paid SIM expiry date

Hi aspens,

The sim card normally expires 6 months from expiry date of your last recharge. The phone number will go into quarantine. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/recharge-only-period-on-pre-pai...

You could contact Telstra via Live Chat 

https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

or ring Prepaid on 1258880.

They should be able to tell you when the last recharge expired. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
aspens

I was asking about prepaid sim cards that have NOT been activated yet.  Each one that I have has 2GB of data to use in 30days after activation.  Perhaps my question should have been is there an expiry date on cards that have not as yet been activated?

thanks

mr_helix

I would also like an answer to this question. I have a couple of prepaid sim cards with $10 credit that have not been activated and wouls like to know if there is an experation date on these cards and if so how do I find the experation date.

lorie
Level 2: Rookie

There used to be an expiry date on telstra mobile phone sims.  not sure about tablets and current protocols.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit