M_Z
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung Tab S2 battery Calibration issue (Android 5.0.2)

Hi Telstra engineering team,

Please take a close look at on next Samsung TabS2 Android release, as there is a clear evidience of battery calibration issue with the current released tablets(android 5.0.2).

my experience: bought a Tab S2 on the plan two weeks ago from telstra shop, after the first charge, the tablet screen started flickering and shut down when battery reach below 5%. and the symptom continued on every full charge.  Wasted my time by following telstra's support's advise of reset the device to factory default couple of times, did not fix the issue. 

I had to video record the issue and took it back to the Telstra shop to exchange a new one, but it has the exactly the same problem as the previous one. when battery is running close to 5%, the draining is swift, once it pass below 5%, the screen starts flickering at any time and then the device crash to shut down.

I am an Samsung user for many years and out of all the Samsung devices I used none had this issue. the only difference is that the device is packaged and supported by Telstra. all my previous carrier's devices were much thoroughly tested and released to my experience. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Samsung Tab S2 battery Calibration issue (Android 5.0.2)

Hello,

My advice is to fully charge then absolutely fully discharge the battery 10 times so that it actually switches off....

Whilst in theory Lithium batters do not memorise, in practice they do.

I think if you do the above as stated, you have a better than even chance of making a difference

Thank you

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
M_Z
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, 

I have done the ten complete charge and drain as suggested above, but still having the same issue.

both the original and the replaced tablet have the same issue, i am sure I am not the only one.

Anyone has any other suggestions?

bluebottle
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have a Tab2 (Chrissy pressie) and have not come across this problem, but will be aware of it in the future.

I hope your problem is resolved quickly.

Cheers!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit