Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

SIM cards

I received an android enhanced tablet on Wednesday (Alcatel 9026S) with the sim card sent separately. I have been unable to insert the sim into the tablet. I have been on live chat, had support live chat, support phone me and to date I still haven't received a satisfactory response. I have told various people that it does not have a sim holder, it is a spring-loaded system, but the device will not accept the sim. I was asked to take the tablet into a Telstra store, which I did on Thursday. The technician could not load the sim either and suggested it may be a faulty device. I straight away phoned back support, and once again went through the whole details again and was informed that a case manager would need to call me back that evening. I was unable to take the call that evening, and a message that was left by the case manager informed me that I needed to wait for a call back, which would be either 24 or 48 hours. It is now Saturday night 8:10 pm and I have no return call. I'm seeking advice from someone that knows what they are talking about, so I can get this issue solved.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: SIM cards

Can't help you with getting in contact with anyone but are you sure you were trying to insert the SIM card into the correct slot? The SIM slot is a slot closest to the top of the tablet. The SIM will only go into the slot one way, if you have it turned over the wrong way it won't go in.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter, thanks for responding. According to the simple diagram that was supplied with the tablet, I'm sure that I am using the right slot. It just wont 'click' in. I have been searching online too, I'm wondering if I may have to trim a fraction off the sim surround?
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Alcatel support is 1800 824 271
Jupiter's advice should be followed.
Abdolutely do not trim the sim. Alcatel is a massive manufacturer.
But....try the sim in another device just in case there is a rough edge when you popped it out from the surrounding card.
If possible try another sim.in the Alcatel.
Under no circumstances do anything physical as you will invalidate your warranty.
But please post again after you try the sim in another device
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Hi ProfessorPhone. Thanks for that advice. The guy at Telstra on Thursday tried another new sim to see if there was a problem with the supplied sim, and he couldn't get that one in either. It is disappointing that Telstra support don't appear to be proactive about a solution for me. Could it be a faulty tablet after all? I will try the sim in another device and see what happens.
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Are you absolutely sure that youre inserting it where Jupiter said?
Are you aware sims have one corner cut out to ensure you insert it correctly?
Its so easily to try to insert it upside down or back to front or both.
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

ProfessorPhone...yes I'm certain that I have been inserting the sim where Jupiter said. There is a diagram supplied with the tablet which I have been following. I have attempted to insert accordingly, also taking note of the cut corner.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit