Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Stay connected claim declined for lost iPad

Hi mate, I lost my iPad 12’9 inch 256 gb on 5th oct. I gave requested to file a claim but I told them that we will wait till 24hours if someone found can return me. After 24 hours no one has returned, so I asked them replacement and then after 2 days I found the iPad. Then I called people regarding the claim they told it has been declined due to no usage on iPad with Telstra network. Then I went to nearest store and ordered a new sim with same number of iPad and started using it. Then after 20 days I think I again lost the device. I called you regarding this. But none of them are ready to listen what I am saying they are simply saying you claim has declined you can’t claim again. If I can’t claim again why I am paying stay connected team every month$15? I’m that twenty days I think I have used the data with the sim. But when I call now again they are saying I have not used the data in the iPad. How it is possible if I not use the data and data in my account will over. I want iPad to be replaced

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Stay connected claim declined for lost iPad

I guess they are being careful because your situation is unusual and follows a potentially fraudulent pattern. I suspect you also haven't had the service for very long.

What happened to the SIM card that was sold with the iPad in the first instance?

Did you use the replacement SIM in the same iPad that was originally sold to you and utilise mobile data during that time to ensure the device/sim were registered on the network?

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit