Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Tablet Misplaced and being used - how to disable everything?

Hello, I have a tablet that has been misplaced.  Yesterday we phoned to suspend the SIM, however this morning a message from Google has been received saying that Google has blocked a less secure app from accessing your account.    The IP address accessed is a Telstra IP in Melbourne.  ( I suspect someone has connected the tablet to their own wifi) 

Is there a way to completely disable the tablet so it cannot be used on wifi either, and can I also disable the Telstra email attached to the tablet?

Thankyou for any help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Tablet Misplaced and being used - how to disable everything?

Hi slinky123,

some security apps let you wipe the contents of the tablet remotely, but you would need to have an app installed.

To keep your Google account and email secure, I hope you have already changed your passwords.

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Hi slinky123,

I would recommend to block the IMEI of the said device to prevent any unwanted usages or worse someone could stole of important info from the device.
Always here to help. Please don't forget to click the Like button if you "like" what I suggested Smiley Happy
Level 25: The Singularity

Log in to your Google account from a computer. Then go to the find my phone section. If your tablet has a GPS and is connected to the internet, you should get the position of the tablet to within abot 30m or so.

You will also be able to lock or wipe the device.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit