Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra 4G tablet randomly restarting

Hi All

Does anyone else have a Telstra tablet that randomly reboots? There is no pattern to it, sometimes it will restart even when just sitting in my bag, other times when I'm using it. No specific time or application is being used that would lead me to narrow down what is causing the restart. Bit irritating when it happens! It's not occurring after any software updates so can't blame that. I have factory reset the device a couple of times but this hasn't prevented the problem from recurring. I don't have wireless on all the time, bluetooth is on but no device is connected (I do have a bluetooth keyboard but it is not in use at the time). 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra 4G tablet randomly restarting

Hi quazer,

I would advice you take the tablet down to your closest Telstra shop for further analysis by our National Repair Centre as you have indicated that you have done a factory reset several times and this has not fixed the issue.

Victor

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Did so but unfortunately the store I took it to wasn't interested! I was told "we are all franchise stores, without proof of purchase we cannot help"! Thought since it was under a contract with Telstra it would be easy enough to look my details up (which they didn't want to do)? Pretty disappointing response from the store and one I won't be going back to for sure.

I've performed another wipe of cache & factory reset in the hope this will keep the tablet running a bit longer before rebooting again. Will be looking at purchasing hardware outside of Telstra next time, surely it shouldn't be this hard?

Thanks for your assistance though Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yep, mine doing exactly the same, the factory reset helped for a week then back to restarting. To be honest with the lack of promised accessories and this continual fault, i'm about ready to give up on it! I knew i shouldn't have listened to the Telstra salesman and  purchased and branded tablet. Maybe Telstra will do the right thing and exchange it for a Samsung! lol

Neil

Highlighted

I wish! Despite the fault being confirmed in store, it was sent off and returned as no fault found. I've given up on it and purchased a Samsung Tab 3. Will never buy any "Telstra/ZTE" hardware again! Horrible!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit