aang
Level 2: Rookie

Using other SIM on Telstra tablet

Answered

I am considering a new Samsung tablet from Telstra for my business. I'd also like to use the tablet with a mobile SIM I already have from another service provider. For this reason, I'm wondering if I can use any SIM on the tablet from Telstra on a post-paid plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Using other SIM on Telstra tablet

You should be able to use another providers SIM provided your device is unlocked. Most Telstra Post Paid devices are network unlocked these days, so it depends how old it is, when you got the device...  Pre-paid devices ARE locked to Telstra and you'll have to pay to get those unlocked.

I use other provider SIMs in surface go's when I am travelling and never had to unlock those. But sometimes you just have to try it..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

You should be able to use another providers SIM provided your device is unlocked. Most Telstra Post Paid devices are network unlocked these days, so it depends how old it is, when you got the device...  Pre-paid devices ARE locked to Telstra and you'll have to pay to get those unlocked.

I use other provider SIMs in surface go's when I am travelling and never had to unlock those. But sometimes you just have to try it..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Caroline12
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I bought a samsung galaxy tab A from telstra, it accepts any sim card.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit