Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

internet data not showing/updating on app or web based account

For some months now my Telstra app and the web-based account page is not updating with the internet data usage.

I have spent days on the app with the repeated responses of "we'll look into that and get back to you". Each time a new "person" contacts me and asks what the problem is again and again and again.

The Telstra app support feature has never been able to provide an answer to any question asked.

I went to a Telstra shop and the customer service chap who was very helpful couldn't see my internet data usage either. Only mobile data is available.

I know the data usage from the network monitoring in windows 10, but of course that only covers the PC that is connected not the various wifi devices.

Does anyone know why the data is not being recorded in the app or the account page?

When I changed my plan I was advised that I would get a notification when the data hit 50% 80% etc. If the data is not visible to a Telstra staffer, how is it likely I will get a warning of data usage approaching limits?

I'm waiting to see what happens with my account, because to my thinking if I don't get warned about the data, then Telstra cannot slow my data or limit it in any way if I go over as they are outside their agreed terms.

Tony

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: internet data not showing/updating on app or web based account

I can only imagine there are no replies because Telstra have no interest in making data usage available on their app or internet?

Stuff
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The data counters were turned off when all the NBN plans went to unlimited data as part of the COVID-19 measures. They haven't been turned back on yet (presumably because those measures are still in place for Victoria).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Yeah USELESS on Telstra's behalf, it's a known issue with zero answer's. My work around is setting phones data limit to match my plans data limit. This way my phone's settings will send me alerts at 50% and 80% as I draw near to the end / refreshing of cycle. It's exactly the same as what you would look at as far as data usage goes only better as your phone sends you a alert 👍🏼

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit