CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Live Chat Not Working For Me And They Don't Care

I have been trying to use the Live Chat option on the web site but alas, I select my options and press chat...NOTHING.  The window disappears.  I ring Telstra on another problem and tell the guy that Live Chat is not working.  He says 'ah well, what were you ringing about?'.  I say we'll get to that but what are you going to do about Live Chat not working.  He says he cannot do anything as he is in sales.  I said are you going to alert anybody and he says no.  This is the thing with Telstra.  You deviate from the script and they can't help you.  I'm leaving this company as soon as NBN arrives in my area.  Going with Aussie Broadband in Morwell, Victoria.  I'm sick to death of trying to decipher what they are saying to me somewhere overseas...sick to DEATH. 

Why they chose to take our business overseas I'll never know, apart from the cost factor.  Is anyone else driven to distraction over dealing with off shore representatives?  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Live Chat Not Working For Me And They Don't Care

Is it doing anything? Any error? Or just not loading the chat at all? What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your browser and loading it again?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks DrQ.
No the window closes when I press 'chat now'. I'm on Chrome. I haven't cleared my browser as yet. I appreciate the guidance.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

The same is happening for me. All I get when I select Live Chat is drop down boxes, then when I select an option (PS: mine is not there), nothing happens.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi GjBees, are you able to please try clearing your cookies and cache and checking your pop up blocker settings and seeing how that goes with accessing our live chat service?  https://tel.st/ldmjq

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yes did all that. The drop down boxes appear, but when you click on the chat now blue box nothing happens. Happens on my iphone, ipad, my son's phone, my other PC. etc ....
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know. I have let our website team know. If you need to contact us at present, please contact us on 13 22 00.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit