CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Number not showing up in 24x7 app (long)

Hi,

Was out of contract on my postpaid plan, so I called up to move to prepaid (encore). Contacted the call centre four times and I finally got a text saying that my phone was on prepaid. This was about four days after the initial call.

Okay I thought, all well and good. Except online on myaccount it was saying I was still on postpaid. Something was obviously amiss. My phone at this stage was definitely on prepaid. I had to put credit on online using my credit card on the web page that requires only your prepaid phone number and no other login details.

So I called up again. Ended up having to call three times before anything happened. The first two times the call centre employee said everything would be good, but nothing changed.

What did happen was that my postpaid plan no longer showed as current on the myaccount page. It said I had no services. I used the 24x7 app on cellular data to see if that connection showed any details - no - no service.

I used live chat. The person said I needed to forget about my old account. It was a legacy account they said, and there was no way of moving the number. I would have to register the number anew with Telstra, and I would have to forget about my old account.

I expressed scepticism, but after the chat decided to trust their judgement and go ahead and register the phone as they had asked.

After this I finally could see my data usage and call costs. But only online through the myprepaid page. If I log on using my old username, I see no services linked on the myaccount page. If I log on using my phone number as my login name I get to the myprepaid page, and see my data usage and call costs.

But on the 24x7 app I can log on with my old account name and see that I have no services available, or I can log on with my phone number and it asks me to call account services on a 1800 number.

This morning I used livechat to talk to four different people. Each appeared to have very little idea as to what to do, and I was rapidly moved from one person to the next over the space of about forty five minutes.

This is all the information I have. The last live chat person I talked to this morning said they would 'escalate' the issue. I have had this happen twice before in the last ten days and nothing at all has come of it.

If someone could suggest the next step to take that would be great. I am willing to visit a local Telstra centre in Adelaide and to talk to Telstra employee. I would prefer someone who has access to Telstra's systems and who is not employed on commission, and who can help me with the problem without having to 'pass the buck'. This is an ugly thing to say, I know, but I have been told continuously throughout this whole process that everything has been fixed, only to find that it is still screwed up.

Thanks for reading.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Number not showing up in 24x7 app (long)

It sounds to me as though your My Account needs to be updated so that you can use your old login to view your new account. Normally I would recommend having a chat to our My Account Online Team on 1800 266 000 about that. Is that the number you mentioned calling?

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I number I have been calling is 1258887. During those calls I have been transferred from department to department. Sometimes I was told to "online services", sometimes to "my account", sometimes to "prepaid".

I would assume that 1800 266 000 links to your call centre in the Phillipines? Certainly in all the above calls it seemed that was where I ended up. And I was certainly told on a number of occassions that I was talking to a my account team member.

If the 1800 266 000 links to a different call centre, that would be interesting. I was told for about five days that the move of my account from the legacy system was 'pending', and that my call had been 'escalated'. Then I didn't hear anything.

So I used live chat. For which I have a transcript. I was told that the only way to access my details online was to create a separate registration for it - that I couldn't link it to my old account. Again, that's a direct quote from the transcript.

So that's what I did, as requested. Seriously, it sounds as though now my number is linked to both my old account name and this new account name (which is my phone number) - to both the legacy and the new system at the same time.

It was yesterday (Friday the 19th of July) morning that I was told that my query had been 'escalated'. If it actually IS possible for my legacy account to be updated it sounds as if the new account I was asked to create would need to be dealt with now as well.

If you could give me any hint on how to proceed that would be great.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I would recommend having a chat to My Account on 1800 266 000 about this.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

That's great.

Just one thing before you go.

Is there a way of talking to a paid Telstra employee at, say, a Telstra store, who is not on commission, and who has access to Telstra's backend systems?

Similar to the genius bar at Apple's stores, if you're familiar with those.

I am willing to travel anywhere within the greater Adelaide Metropolitan region.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I'm pretty sure just about everyone in a customer facing role with Telstra has some sort of bonus structure, we do have consultants who are higher up and have more access, they are the people who have issues escalated to them by the consultants you talk to on the phone though rather than being in stores. Also no one would have access to all the systems.

However we do have tech bar consultants at most stores, if you call the store near you you should be able to book a tech bar appointment.

-Dylan

Highlighted

Thanks mate. It sounds as though it's going to be a long process. Thanks for taking the time.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit