Level 1: Cadet

phone line which is not working properly

new to Telstra, my mothers has experienced issues with people trying to call her. Some callers get through others do not and get the following message "phone is disconnected". My mother is an elderly woman and relies on her phone as an essential communications tool. I can't find a number to call Telstra, quite frustrating.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: phone line which is not working properly

Did she just port from another provider?: If so, it most likely means that the porting hasn't been completed properly and it will be callers from non-Telstra phones that can't get through.

You will need to contact Telstra and ask them to request that her previous provider completes the porting (they need to put a redirect in the numbers database).

To call Telstra, it is 132200, but it is very difficult to get through. If you have access to the My Telstra app on your mobile phone, send a message through that (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

If you don't have access to the My Telstra app, you can send a message to the Telstra Facebook or Twitter accounts as they are being monitored.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit