Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid data plan

I signed up online for a prepaid data plan. I received an email about  email bill activation which had my account number on it. I linked it to my Telstra 24/7 account but it is not showing as an option. I try linking the account and it says that the account is already linked.

I received the sim card in the mail - but when I try to activate the sim card, the online protal tells me that he sim card is invalid, expired or already active.

I have tried live chat but it is a bot and my queries are too difficult for it. I tried ringing and again it's a chat bot and my queries are too difficult.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Prepaid data plan

That problem happens from time to time.

To contact Telstra at the moment, send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen - you don't need to be logged in to use the Chat function), and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get a response.

You can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the 3 dots in the top right of the message screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit