CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Stay Connected App

IPhone 5S, Telstra 24x7 App works fine. Stay Connected App has a problem I just can't work out.  Go through motions of commencing a Back Up of contacts only (connected WiFi and also tried just 4G). Screen starts off 'Scanning Contacts - 220 of 220 scanned - Scanning Contacts"  Then "Connection error"   'Re-trying 1 of 6"  and so forth until 6 of 6 with still no result.  Not sure what the probelm is, WiFi signal strong, appears to be accessing the phone book, account settings are fine, log in no problem. Any ideas / suggestions?  Thanks,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Stay Connected App

It may need to be looked into by technical support by calling 13 22 00.

Or, if you have a local Telstra store, you can pop in and see if someone can have a look into it for you.

Of course, there is always also live chat on the Telstra website.

Hopefully one of these will help you.

All comments made by myself are my own opinion and are not necessarily on behalf of Telstra or its affiliates.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you.  On Line chat with 24x7 tech rep tried deleting and re-down loading App - no luck there.  Re-set network settings - no luck there. I was ultimately referred to Stay Connected Department 1800 008565 and spoke with a particularly honest and helpful chap. He advised straight up that when attempting to back up contacts via App, it scans contact list and it's contents.  Further, if there are some odd fonts or emoticon type characters contained with one or any of the contacts, the scan does not recognise or like these and thus, stops / fails to progress the back up process. I am not the first enquirer concerning this particular bug. Apparently App developers working on an update / fix for this. No estimate on fix date. At the moment, ICloud still the most reliable back up process for my important data such as contacts / calendar. WeWe shall  see if the Stay Connected App can do it's thing later down the track, although I'm not sure why it would have been released with what appears to be an obvious flaw.     

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi BrisbaneBrett

Thanks heaps for that...the silver lining in your experience is you've hit what the problem is and for me, if I run into this issue again I'm able to repeat what you've found out.

Thanks!
All comments made by myself are my own opinion and are not necessarily on behalf of Telstra or its affiliates.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit