Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to login to 24x7 apps

Hello.

I recently signed up for a Telstra plan and My Account. I have no trouble using my credentials to sign into the web app, but both the iPad and iPhone versions of the application do not accept my login credentials stating: Incorrect login details. Try again or use the links to retrieve your username or reset your password.

Do I need to approve usage of 24x7 apps via My Account through some hidden setting or is this a known bug?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unable to login to 24x7 apps

Hey V05-3-S117,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

You don't need to approve usage of the Telstra 24x7 via My Account. I recommend to remove and reinstall the app instead and try again. Thanks V05-3-S117.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Reinstalled the 24x7 app and there is no change.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi V05-3-S117,

When you start the app, are you able to tap on the skip login tab and proceed to see your data usage?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

On my phone I can, but my tablet doesn't have a data plan so I can't on that. I want to be able to login though so I can use it on WiFi and get more information.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi again V05-3-S117,

Thank you for confirming all that.

I will pass your feedback on to our app developes and hopefully will have this fixed in the next update if not sooner.

Thanks V05-3-S117.

Highlighted

I have been having a similar problem since upgrading my iPhone4 from iOS6 to iOS7. Problem started about two weeks ago when I needed to recharge my account.

When I open the 24x7 app, I'm asked to enter my password again. Two fields are shown (hard to see they are separate as there's about one pixel between them), and all I can do is enter my password.

Error1.jpg

The (presumed) username field above it will not let me enter text - I can't even navigate to it. I submit that, and then get an error saying my password (not asked for before) is missing. I still can't enter it.

Error2.jpg

I have no problems logging in via the web ( I had to use the same account details to access this forum right now ).

So far Telstra support has had me

1. reset my password (kind of irrelevant if I can't enter my username!)

2. reboot, delete the app and redownload it (same version), reboot-> no change

3. reset my phone Network Settings -> this brought up a different screen which did let me enter both username and password, but then I got a different error message saying I was already logged in. Still couldn't proceed beyond the login screen.

Error3.jpg

4. There has subsequently been an update to the app, but it has made no difference.

Still no progress with any of the tech people I've spoken to on phone or via chat. They keep asking me to type in my username or change my password, but they simply don't get the situation without having it explained five times.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Tabletguru,

Have a chat to our 24x7 My Account team via h​ttp://tel.st/8qpr & we'll be able to assist you with resetting your password

Apologies for any confusion

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

ShannonD

Resetting the password is NOT the issue. If I can't enter my username, then it doesn't matter what the password is. Please read what I've written rather than making assumptions about the problem.

I have had trouble making that clear to the 24x7 team on phone and chat. I suspect most of them have never used the app, given their unfamiliarity with what's displayed.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tabletguru,

I've asked our 24x7 app team if they can assist further with troubleshooting this, as it seems you've tried quite a few troubleshooting steps already with no avail

I'll get back in touch with you here once I hear back from our 24x7 app team 

Thanks 

Highlighted

Esther:

I've sorted out the problem with someone else. Although it doesn't address the bug in the app, my current needs are satisfied. I've wasted a lot of time on this already, dealing with about a dozen people at Telstra, and filing a complaint with the TIO over the wasted time.

The 24x7 apps team stopped responding to me two weeks ago (they already have my number and email). I've sent detailed feedback on my experience back to Telstra, but whether it will get to someone who will make any difference I don't know. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit