PeterTheSBAM
Level 2: Rookie

Can't connect to Telstra Air

Answered

I took out a prepaid telstra service to try Telstra Air before I move my home service across.

I have a Telstra ID which I've successfully used to log into my account to check my balance. 

If I try to log into Telstra Air on my neighbour's router, or the router of the house down the street, from my iphone 4 or my laptop, using the Telstra Air App on my iphone, or not, using the same ID and password, I get a blue message that says:  "Something went wrong.  We're experiencing technical problems and can't connect you to Telstra Air.  Please try again later."

If I try to log into Telstra Air at my local shopping centre (next to the local mobile tower) with my phone or my laptop, using the Telstra Air App on my phone, or not, I get a pink message that says: "Whoops - Looks like you're not with Telstra Air." 

Given I've eliminated the account, the device, and the target hotspot as the cause, I suspect that the problem lies in your database.  Is there some way to check it?  Alternatively, can you think of another cause?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterTheSBAM
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't connect to Telstra Air

I managed to sort this out.  The person I was talking to on the help line failed to explain that for a pre-paid service, you need to register for Telstra Air, using the Telstra Air App, independent of getting a Telstra ID.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
PeterTheSBAM
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't connect to Telstra Air

I managed to sort this out.  The person I was talking to on the help line failed to explain that for a pre-paid service, you need to register for Telstra Air, using the Telstra Air App, independent of getting a Telstra ID.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit