norrienob
Level 1: Cadet

cannot login to telstra air more than once linux

Answered

when i install new os can connect to telstra air. however when i next try to log on i get to the login page enter user name and password then the page just keeps coming back to the login page. reentering username and password results in the same result. This happens with all 6 of the linux distros that i have tried. any help -- Please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: cannot login to telstra air more than once linux

Have you tried changing the privacy settings in Firefox? Normally I am unable to log into Air using Firefox on a Windows PC have to use Internet explorer. I had the same symptoms as use using Firefox kept going back to log in screen. By temporarily changing content blocking to custom and removing all the ticks am able to log in. If it works you could try creating an blocking exception for the Telstra Air portal. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

I take it you are registered to use Telstra Air in your Telstra broadband service account profile and you are trying to connect to an Open SSID in your neighbourhood or to a public phone Telstra Air SSID. Have you tried a different browser to see if it makes a difference - e.g. Duck-Duck Go or Firefox. May pay to clear out your Browser Data Cache and History in case of any gremlins there. 

norrienob

I am registered   Tried chromium but use firefox as default. I can get onto the captive portal.  It just cycles back to the login page when I try to log in. There is nothing wrong with hardware, my wifi drivers connect correctly. Nothing wrong with Tesltra hardware  i can log into 'air' with my phone and once only after I reinstall an operating system, I can log in once only.

The  original post was done  on this machine with a new os and logged into Telstra air. Now when I try to log in to Telstra air (same site and seconds and then minutes later) I get the cycling.

cf4
Accepted Solution

Have you tried changing the privacy settings in Firefox? Normally I am unable to log into Air using Firefox on a Windows PC have to use Internet explorer. I had the same symptoms as use using Firefox kept going back to log in screen. By temporarily changing content blocking to custom and removing all the ticks am able to log in. If it works you could try creating an blocking exception for the Telstra Air portal. 

View solution in original post

norrienob

Thank you Mkrtich and cf4 for your responses.

It was the privacy settings.

Now I can stop swearing at Telstra, Kick myself and use Telstra Air.

Many Thanks

Mkrtich

Credit goes to cf4 - well diagnosed. Cheers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit