JoJo5444
Level 2: Rookie

Error message log into Telstra air app

Answered

When I try to log into the Telstra air App I get this error message

''Something went wrong.

we could not connect to Telstra air. Please try again later ,''

I've tried many ways to fix. And reset password etc. 

Any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rich-hale
Accepted Solution

Re: Error message log into Telstra air app

I would just continue to log in through the web page when you use it. When I have the app installed it constantly tells me I'm out of range (when I'm not) and various other issues.

The fantasy painted by Telstra that you can save your mobile data by seamlessly moving between the mobile network and an Air hotspot, with automatic connection is just that - a fantasy. There are too many variables that prevent that from happening, and usually this is hotspot congestion or the fact you move into dead spots with no hotspot coverage.

I'd treat Telstra Air as an option if you were sitting in a cafe with your laptop or mobile. Then manually connect when you need it. I'd uninstall the Air app.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
rich-hale

Have you registered with the Telstra Air service?

Even though you have an active 24/7 account you need to register separately.

It should just work, but there always seems to be some sort of complication with the service. It's definitely not flawless that's for sure.

Some other things to try:

a) Uninstall and reinstall the app

b) Try logging in manually from the web sign-in screen (which appears when you manually connect to the Telstra Air hotspot)

c) Check you have the latest version of the software just in case this is the issue.

I did write a detailed write-up for Android that solved a lot of the problems I was having, but it keeps getting marked as spam, so I've given up trying to contribute.

JoJo5444

I have registered.  That's all been check by support. I have install uninstall and again a few times. Software and app is up to date.  I  can log in manually thru my phone WiFi section etc. But I cannot log into the app...get error  can't usemessages...so I can't use app  to connect to hotspot ....it's always worked for me the last few years .

I notice the Telstra air app has not been updated for 26 weeks or some such so that's the problem I'm thinking 

jhwiz
Level 19: Deputy Director

Try disabling Wi-Fi and logging in whilst connecting to the Telstra mobile network.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
rich-hale
Accepted Solution

I would just continue to log in through the web page when you use it. When I have the app installed it constantly tells me I'm out of range (when I'm not) and various other issues.

The fantasy painted by Telstra that you can save your mobile data by seamlessly moving between the mobile network and an Air hotspot, with automatic connection is just that - a fantasy. There are too many variables that prevent that from happening, and usually this is hotspot congestion or the fact you move into dead spots with no hotspot coverage.

I'd treat Telstra Air as an option if you were sitting in a cafe with your laptop or mobile. Then manually connect when you need it. I'd uninstall the Air app.

View solution in original post

JoJo5444

Thanks have uninstalled and will forget all about it so and will only use if I'm desperate thru web connection Haha.  Telstra fail

Travos
Level 1: Cadet

It's painfull 

R J Travers
Tiaho
Level 1: Cadet

I'm getting the same unfortunately I can't log in with my phone yet I can with my tablet

Terrence Hagarty

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit